Cali Kid Corals

Gryphon

I used to dive alot when younger for abalone very special critters..I would find fairly large abalone pearls at times... wish I hung on to them since their values are crazy now lol..One thing I've observed if you see alota river otters or a den in one area most likely their will tons of abalone shells...I've also seen them take out seagulls you'd think ducks would taste betterView attachment 33209View attachment 33210View attachment 33211

Same here. I spent a great deal of time in the water in my day (got my DM when I was 19, started Ab diving at 10 with my dad and his friends). I haven't been in like 15 years :( Too bad everything is closed down.

Same here. I spent a great deal of time in the water in my day (got my DM when I was 19, started Ab diving at 10 with my dad and his friends). I haven't been in like 15 years :( Too bad everything is closed down.
I am always looking for an excuse to get my dive gear on. I know it is getting cold, but maybe we have enough divers to get a group dive in Monterey one day soon.

I am always looking for an excuse to get my dive gear on. I know it is getting cold, but maybe we have enough divers to get a group dive in Monterey one day soon.
Cold has never been in my vocabulary. IN 30+ years in diving, I have never used a dry suit, and 0 of my dives have been tropical, all Norcal.
Gresham, are you sure they don't hold a special place in your stomach? :D
Both! Man of the sea in too many ways to count. My first job at 11 was on a fishing boat :D

Back