High Tide Aquatics

Hello everyone

Hi Everyone,
I have joined the forum recently, I am relatively new to reef keeping. I had experience with fresh water aquariums (7 years). Currently I have a 29G biocube, mixed reef. which is 10 month old. I set it up after 2 years of reading and pondering about setting up one :) . I finally got the first tank when we got our first kid (Ryan), we spend lot of time watching the corals.

I past three months I have also setup two pico reefs, one of them (left most) I use as a quarantine tank, while the other is used to test my Raspberry Pi based controller (more on in dedicated thread, hopefully).

I get very little time after the day job & family stuff to stay active in the forum, but I would really like to engage in community activities, sharing and any way I can help others.

Current tanks: Pico reefs are powered by Raspberry Pi controller. Left most one is used as quarantine tank,
setup.jpg

FTS of the biocube
FTS.jpg

One of the pico reef that is not quarantine tank, its newest member, and mostly used for developing the raspberry pi controller

pico2.jpg

One of the pico is Fluval Spec 3, other one is imagitarium 3.7 G, from petco.
I am wondering if the Raspberry Pi based controller thread should be in general forum or DIY ?

Hi Everyone,
I have joined the forum recently, I am relatively new to reef keeping. I had experience with fresh water aquariums (7 years). Currently I have a 29G biocube, mixed reef. which is 10 month old. I set it up after 2 years of reading and pondering about setting up one :) . I finally got the first tank when we got our first kid (Ryan), we spend lot of time watching the corals.

I past three months I have also setup two pico reefs, one of them (left most) I use as a quarantine tank, while the other is used to test my Raspberry Pi based controller (more on in dedicated thread, hopefully).

I get very little time after the day job & family stuff to stay active in the forum, but I would really like to engage in community activities, sharing and any way I can help others.

Current tanks: Pico reefs are powered by Raspberry Pi controller. Left most one is used as quarantine tank,
View attachment 6086

FTS of the biocube
View attachment 6087

One of the pico reef that is not quarantine tank, its newest member, and mostly used for developing the raspberry pi controller

View attachment 6088

Hi Ranjib Dey,

Congratulations with the child !! Now you have family hobby...this is amazing feeling !!
You have awesome tanks...all of them are beautiful ;)
Do you plan to have some fish?What is your son's favorite fish?

Zhenya

Hi Ranjib Dey,

Congratulations with the child !! Now you have family hobby...this is amazing feeling !!
You have awesome tanks...all of them are beautiful ;)
Do you plan to have some fish?What is your son's favorite fish?

Zhenya
I have three fishes in the 29G . An ocellaris clown, a hipo tang (was a mistake, he is small 1", and I am finding a new home for him) and another 1" tailspot blenny on the fluval spec 3 Pico. The third pico tank has no fish. Only couple of snails and a hermit crab.

My son loves the clown & tang. He talks to those fishes almost every morning, in his own words.. :)

I really like your tank and I have the same tank as yours for the 3.7 gallon. I am just starting right now.
What filtration are you using? and the light you have is amazing

Back