Kessil

Hello from Salinas/Monterey

Did you build this stand yourself? If so, do you have plans for it? This is awesome and something I'd love to make when my wife and I settle down in a SFH.
Sorry I missed this. No I did not build it. CDA is doing the customization. It’s really not much cost to add on to their stand. This will be the third they’ve built with a bar. The others were much more significant customizations. One even had a copper bar top!!!

It's cruising along now
1000004488.jpg
1000004620.jpg

I use mesh filter socks, a Reef Octopus Regal Int 200, and occasional GFO in a media reactor. Weekly 30-60g water changes.
Alk 7-8.5
Ca 420-460
Mg a hot mess but above 1300
PO4 0.1-0.5 ppm (not a typo)
NO3 15-25 ppm

I run high nutrients since I neglected to plan that part of my system well and while it's not currently a problem I may need a turf scrubber as they're climbing.

Dosing is about 30g of kalkwasser at 5 TBS per 30g fill per week. BRS balling hybrid method so soda ash and calcium chloride with Tropic Marin trace elements added and Tropic Marin balling part C.

Auto feeder with freeze dried mysis shrimp for copperband butterflyfish and Avast Plank auto feeder with more mysis, calanus, Hikari Seaweed extreme pellets, TDO chromaboost pellets multiple times a day to keep healthy anthias and chromis.

Lights are 8 radion XR15 gen 5 blue and two 72" Reef Brite xho one blue one white. PAR around 500

Thanks that's a two spot bristletooth. It's been that size unchanged now for about four years. Teeny little tiny bit happy and healthy. In total there are around 30 fish. 6 Bimacs anthias. Ten green chromis. Two spot tang, Purple tang, yellow tang, desjardini tang, yellow belly blue hippo tang, niger trigger, Biota regal angel juvenile, pair of Biota mandarin dragonnettes, pintail fairy wrasse, copperband butterflyfish, three pyramid angelfish

Hey Aaron! You came back finally! Hee hee.

ATTN BAR members that picked up any of the RRC Goldenrod. This tank is where the RRC Goldenrod came from!!!

Please join me in giving many thanks to @gatohoser for his gracious donation to the club for the amazing mini colonies.
We all benefited from it Aaron and we sincerely appreciate it.

Now to convince you to start the DBTC for this piece. @JVU , the club president had recommended that I start one since so many folks wanted it. I would love for you to do it. But if you'd rather not, no worries, and we will get it started.

Back