High Tide Aquatics

Hello, new member and reefer here :) (A freshwater junkie too!)

Hello everyone!
I was recommended by Neptune to check out this forum, as well as norcalreefer.org. I joined that forum first but decided to check out this one too!

I'm a big freshwater person, I love it a lot. My forte are plants (I looooove rare plants and was a huge collector). I also did a lot of nano fish, since I'm really into nano stuff. I'm not much of a big fish keeper, the smaller the better for me, haha.
Anyway, I'm keeping mainly shrimp now in the freshwater hobby. Shrimp and rare slow-growing plants. Blah blah, you saltwater people don't care about that stuff.

I'm new to saltwater stuff!
I have a nano tank, a 29 biocube. No real modifications on it, aside from taking out bioballs to throw in some liverock in there and cheato.
I plan to keep only zoas in there, they're so small and as I stated before, I'm into nano things. No plans on adding fish unless I get bored and even if I do, it's very minimal. All I want really are zoas and sexy shrimp.

So far, my tank has a small frag of blue tub's, 2 sexy shrimp, 10 blue legged hermits, 3 star astrea snaills and 6 scarlet reef hermits.
30ish lbs of pukani live rock, 40 lbs of live sand.

These pics were taken at night, so my zoa closed up. I just turned it back on in the middle of the night to watch my shrimp :)

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

Blah blah, you saltwater people don't care about that stuff.

oh contraire mon frere :) There's more then a few freshies in this group as well :) I love all the new shrimp, mosses, crabs and plants available now :)

Welcome, you're gonna fit in quite fine :)

You'll find that there are a few FW/planted tank junkies/ex-junkies here :-D I'll set one up again in a few months if all goes well.

heh welcome -- i got a 90 gal freshwater myself, nothing too spectacular, but it's decent for me.

love the nice looking shrimp!!!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I can't believe you're on here too, Marc! Since when did you start a Saltwater tank?!
Hahahaha...

Anyway, I followed your suggestion Rick, and made a tank journal thread :)

Back