Jestersix

Hi from crazy upgrading rookie

rygh

BOD
BOD
Hi all,
I have been active in a few other reef forums, but noticed this nice local one, so figured I should join in.

I currently have a 75 gallon reef system.
Had it about 2 years, so not a newbie, but definitely a rookie.
Well reef is a big stretch. It is mostly fish, a few softies, and lots of bubble algae.
I guess I am more into fish than coral, but slowly changing.

But I am into it enough to upgrade in a big way. Going to a 250 gallon system.
Hence the crazy.
Primarily upgrading so I can finally get some big tangs. But also just fun in general.
But I do have some hard corals planned for the center. And who knows where that will lead.
New stand is about half done. Some of the filter system is done. Some of electronics are done.

I am also heavily into being more natural, and using less power.
So filter is algae turf scrubber (mostly), lighting is transitioning to LED, system is heavily insulated, chiller is
evaporation based, using modern prop powerheads, and more.
Hence more crazy.

Everything is DIY except the tank. Although even reconsidering that now.
Notice a trend...

Thanks,
-Mark

What, you don't believe everything you read on the net?

I was thinking of adding to the DIY forum, but I guess I could add to the journal forum as well.
At least, after I get the new tank. Until I write the check, still vapor-ware.

Check this out!
What a deal!!!!
finalphaze987 said:
I finally got around to taking my 180 gal down and first thing to come out was the live rock. Its all out of my old set up and in a couple big containers in my garage with a couple of seios and a heater. A whole lot of them are coraline encrusted (whatever was exposed to light) and pest free.

I originally purchased four 45-50 lb boxes from marinecenter.com for $800 w/o shipping. I made about 2 lbs of rock to rubble to use for frags and used about 10-15 lbs for my new tank set up. The rest of it is all there. A couple pieces are HUGE (one larger than a basketball), a few small, but most in the medium size range. Its made primarilly of pocillopora skeletons so they have some nice shape to them.

More info on the rock itself can be found at:
http://www.fishtanksdirect.com/browseproducts/Totoka-$5.00-Lb..html
http://www.marinecenter.com/rocks/liverock/fijitotokapremiumliverock/

Some pictures of my old setup can be found here:

http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/2408

(sorry if im not allowed to post links to other sites. I can remove the links if that's the case.)

Id like to sell it in bulk for $220 for ALL of it. Throw in an extra $20 and ill give you the container its in too. Offers will be considered.

23c98023.jpg

2f500569.jpg

b67cf65d.jpg

I will definitely try to contact him.
What forum was that in?
I am still new to the site, and can't seem to find the search either.
Thanks!

Search is via google:

Type in the google search:
site:bareefers.org "SPS"

You need to be an official paid member to access the buy,sell, trade section.

People say I all ready talk too much :lol:

Nah, like I've told ~15 other people this year alone, I'm not really into "public speaking". I should be into it though, I could make a lot more money via my employer and get to travel 3x as much :)

If he could, why would he use this forum.
BTW: Paid that huge bill. Now a real member. Or at least will be once the processing goes through.
I can hardly wait for all those free frags. J)

tuberider said:
Can you communicate psychically?

I can but for some reason my powers are limited to just myself that I can psychically communicate with :lol:

rygh said:
If he could, why would he use this forum.
BTW: Paid that huge bill. Now a real member. Or at least will be once the processing goes through.
I can hardly wait for all those free frags. J)
Is this the line for free coral?

rygh said:
Yikes, what have I gotten in to here??
Someone been sampling the puffer fish lately?

No, got a source? Fugu for the win :)

Fugu_in_Tank.jpg

Back