got ethical husbandry?

Hole saw guide

$30 for the guide and 15 piece set of diamond hole saws? Good lord where are the cost savings... "Never Rust Carbon Steel" may be the first place, "High Quality Diamon" is the other :D

I like the kit I got at Home Depot in the tile aisle. It came with double sided adhesive and you adhere the guide to the glass and it provides a reservoir for water while cutting.
11BD5B32-2B2D-4568-A5FD-B73501097CAC.jpeg

Does the one you linked have a way to hold water? Do you not need water for this? I thought it was necessary to keep the bit cool

The price and quantity of bits included seems surprisingly low.

Is there such thing as a quality diamond bit? I was under the impression you can drill a couple holes then need to trash the bit because the diamond coating wears out? I used a cheapo for a two hole project then tossed it.

I like the kit I got at Home Depot in the tile aisle. It came with double sided adhesive and you adhere the guide to the glass and it provides a reservoir for water while cutting.View attachment 23923
Does the one you linked have a way to hold water? Do you not need water for this? I thought it was necessary to keep the bit cool
for the same cost of this HDX one saw and kit, i'd rather get that amazon guide.

The price and quantity of bits included seems surprisingly low.

Is there such thing as a quality diamond bit? I was under the impression you can drill a couple holes then need to trash the bit because the diamond coating wears out? I used a cheapo for a two hole project then tossed it.

There’s such a thing as a bad epoxy. Those thing wont last cause cheap glue.

Diamond dust is cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the kit I got at Home Depot in the tile aisle. It came with double sided adhesive and you adhere the guide to the glass and it provides a reservoir for water while cutting.View attachment 23923
If you want any life out of your bit you're going to want water to keep it cool.

Or you can drill a template with plywood ... an then reuse for the tank... :D

Plywood, plastic really anything so the hole saw doesn’t “walk”. The bit in the middle is usually longer than the hole saw, so whatever you use for the template just make it’s depth is greater than that bit. Just clamp it on the tank.

I do a fair amount of woodworking and more times than not it’s all in the “jig” you buikd
Or buy to get consistent repeatable results.

... also what shortens the life of diamond hole saws is running them at high rpm with no cooling.

Randy

Back