Our mission

I feel like Kaiser-Permanente ripped off my pops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe anyone in this country is unhappy with the healthcare they receive or complains about the cost. :)
Haha. Well, my mom did well on the senior advantage plan with KP.

Especially when she had a stroke, and during her last 6 years afterwards with ongoing health issues. Acute care and rehab was quality service. I was there every day and saw first hand.

Having to pay for board and care(RCFE) out of pocket was not so great though.

Luxottica is the bad guy as far as eyeglass cost. And Oakland KP optician department deserves a hard pass for crap service.

Customer service at Costco optical is as good as with the rest of Costco. Especially good if, like my wife, you have a hard time with getting glasses that work for you.

I’m easy though. My Zenni glasses were fine right out of the mailer envelope. But I get pants from Amazon and shoes from Big 5, and they just fit without problems too. I’m pretty generic, I suppose.

I just paid kaiser $400 for an eye exam and glasses. Money well spent in my opinion.
And if you're happy with it, then I agree 100% with you, it is money well spent for you.

But my whole point had less to do with cost, and more to do with how the handled my father and I mean in multiple ways. Now it was pointed out I should have been more assertive in not allowing that to occur, amongst other things, but I'd rather not go over this again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back