Neptune Aquatics

iCon’s IM 112 EXT Midnight Edition

iCon

Supporting Member
Let’s go!

IMG_6390.jpeg

Not sure when IM started producing aluminum stands but it feels like an entirely different company as compared to when they launched, which is great.

Quick assembly.
Sturdy.
Clean look.
Negative: Watch out for metal splinters/shards. They could have cleaned things up just a bit post-cut and prior to packing. Have a vacuum nearby to lower the chances of a painful assembly.

IMG_6407.jpegIMG_6411.jpegIMG_6406.jpeg

Partial unboxing day - Zipping right along!
  • First Impression: Wow, these dimensions are bigger in person. How will I reach the back? I won’t.
  • Silicone work looks solid - Clean, neat.
  • Overall good packaging. They could have put some padding around the pump and plumbing. It was left to slide around inside the glass box.

IMG_6451.jpegIMG_6452.jpegIMG_6454.jpegIMG_6455.jpegIMG_6458.jpegIMG_6461.jpeg

Not sure when IM started producing aluminum stands but it feels like an entirely different company as compared to when they launched, which is great.

Quick assembly.
Sturdy.
Clean look.
Negative: Watch out for metal splinters/shards. They could have cleaned things up just a bit post-cut and prior to packing. Have a vacuum nearby to lower the chances of a painful assembly.

View attachment 56183View attachment 56185View attachment 56182
I am a fan of the 8020 stands. They are the future. I’m surprised other companies don’t use them more. They are so modular

Annnnnd, we have a tank on a stand!
Less than ideal placement but at least there’s a tank. The stand felt sturdy throughout and the suction cups made it possible.

Updated the tank thread since it’s become clear to me that any and all fishy business will occur between 10p-1a.

Onto plumbing and setting up the sump!

1716968339217.jpeg

Annnnnd, we have a tank on a stand!
Less than ideal placement but at least there’s a tank. The stand felt sturdy throughout and the suction cups made it possible.

Updated the tank thread since it’s become clear to me that any and all fishy business will occur between 10p-1a.

Onto plumbing and setting up the sump!

View attachment 56758
I love the dimensions of the tank! Lots of aquascaping potential!

Back