Our mission

Invited Speaker for 2020

We are kind of a big deal.

I'd be happy with any. The selfish part if me would like to see Mark Callahan because I currently have a small algae outbreak.
Man dr. Tim would help you more than Mark. Mark is a regular reefer who is at marketing thats all it is...personal opinion..

Last edited:
Why do you want a speaker? What does the club want to learn that those that attend don't have some insight into? How will what the speaker discusses make a real difference? That's the questions to ask. Consider who will attend. Their general level and areas of expertise, and then target the person of the most benefit. If you're going to bring in an advanced subject speaker how many will get real benefit?

Why do you want a speaker? What does the club want to learn that those that attend don't have some insight into? How will what the speaker discusses make a real difference? That's the questions to ask. Consider who will attend. Their general level and areas of expertise, and then target the person of the most benefit. If you're going to bring in an advanced subject speaker how many will get real benefit?
For me the answers are:
Because speakers are educational and fun
I’ll listen to just about any of them talk about whatever they know a lot about, it even just tell stories and jokes.
If one member gets a good benefit that enough for me. Ideally more would Be better, but anyone that wants to know about a subject enough to make a speaker happen is reason enough to have a speaker.

For me the answers are:
Because speakers are educational and fun
I’ll listen to just about any of them talk about whatever they know a lot about, it even just tell stories and jokes.
If one member gets a good benefit that enough for me. Ideally more would Be better, but anyone that wants to know about a subject enough to make a speaker happen is reason enough to have a speaker.

I'd echo these answers, and also add, "Because sometimes I don't know what I don't know."

One of the most interesting scientific lectures I ever went to was at a conference, and I popped in just to have a place to sit down. I'll never pass up an opportunity to check out a speaker on my interests/etc. because hey, maybe I'll learn something new and really interesting!

Back