Jestersix

Jeff's 75G conversion from FOLR to reef

Will be posting pictures as I add various corals to my current tank.

75 gallon with overflow
EShopps 200 sump
Simplicity Skimmer
GFO reactor
Cobalt dual heaters
2 Kessil A360 tuna lights

Adding Shortly:
Kessil controller
MP-40 ecotech pumps

Corals planned:
Bubble Tip Anemone
Utter Chaos zoa's

Suggestions for more??

So excited. Joined BAR...supporting member. ordered my rocks and mortar from Marco. Kessil controller this month. Having Ultimate Aquarium folks coming out to get rid of these darn micro bubbles. I have the proper light but the chaeto is very unhappy. Not sure what's up with that. Still need:

ATO
Dual MP 40's
Carbon Reactor
RODI system
Few more fish
Many corals one by one!

I appreciate the patience as I'm learning this hobby.

So hardy ones - eh. I will have to look but I think we have some large cloves, Green Star Polyps, Encrusting green Pavona and probably a couple more.

MP-40 placement question...I have one now, and next month will purchase the other. I am running two pumps right now--the other is a hydor recommended for a 75g tank. Can't remember the model. Right now, they are located opposite each other (one front, one rear) at a depth of about 3". The return line is at the rear of the left side, but doesn't push out much flow. I'm using the purple mode on the MP-40, but haven't really monitored it to see how it cycles. I am adding some additional rock, so i won't know how to set up the flow until that's in and scaped.

getting many different opinions on the Marco rocks. My tank has been running for over a year, with live rock. it's infested with the vermited snails and I want to change to my new rocks. Some have recommended moving the current live rock into the sump and put in the marco. BRS recommends at least two weeks in a tub with saltwater, biospira, a heater, and a powerhead. I guess the latter would make it possible to switch everything out at once? I don't want to upset the system, but also really want my new scape into the tank, as well as not get more snails. GO!

Back