Cali Kid Corals

Jorahx 90g

Your fish are so lucky. Eat better than some humans lol. Looks good. I recommend just buying nori sheets at your local asian grocer. It's so much cheaper.

Your fish are so lucky. Eat better than some humans lol. Looks good. I recommend just buying nori sheets at your local asian grocer. It's so much cheaper.

I tried finding an Asian groceries store in Fairfield. With no luck googling. But that is my next plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a white guy in an Asian grocery store looking for nori is always an adventure, everything is literally written in a foreign language and most of what I find is "seasoned" or "toasted" and "I'm like where is the plain" version!

Being a white guy in an Asian grocery store looking for nori is always an adventure, everything is literally written in a foreign language and most of what I find is "seasoned" or "toasted" and "I'm like where is the plain" version!
Im Chinese and felt the same way when I first looked for nori. Just look at the ingredients; roasted is fine. I also look for different color nori. Green is available everywhere but I only found one place that carries the red nori sheets.

2228 Westborough Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080

Oh that's the Pacific Supermarket, my wife and kid loves to go there me... well the shopping part is fine, the take out food they have is bleh... you can tell everything deep fried (chicken, pork, etc) all is done in the same oil because it all has a hint of fish flavor to it.

You want raw nori not the BBQ cooked ones for all the nutrients.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Hey friends, I have a funny story to share.

When I had my nuvo 20. I had a yellow clown goby that my fiancé just loved. But I think he jumped out, as one day he went mia and I never saw him again.

So the other day while at the fish store, she saw another one. Was super excited because she misses the old yellow clown goby. I looked at it and told her it didn’t look too healthy. It was super skinny and not eating food. Warned her that it might not make it. She didn’t care. She wanted it to have a better life in our tank instead of the unpleasant store.

Fine, got her the fish. Put it into the 25g anemone / frag tank.

Two days later we noticed the fish was mia. Well that’s sad. Maybe it passed away and was eaten by cuc, or jumped and eaten by the cat. Naturally she was super sad.

About a week later I go to a fish store on my way home from work. Noticed they had a medium size yellow clown goby. He was eating and looked healthy. Cool. I’ll surprise her with a fish she likes.

Got home and showed her, she was super excited. Already named it. And as I’m acclimating it to the tank I notice something.

First let me explain. My innovative marine 25g black is plumbed to the same sump as my 90g.

Some how the recent mia clown goby went down the overflow, through all of the sump, into the m1 pump and out into the 90g tank. He doesn’t look damaged. And is actively eating in the big tank with a good amount of large aggressive fish. But I also have the other one in my hand. So I finished acclimating and put this one into the 25g.

It has been a week since getting the second guy. Both are doing good and staying in their tanks.

Wow that’s a strange story... but I’m glad one of the missing fish turned up unharmed

I’m surprised a fish can get through your overflow, most tanks have grates to prevent this. Likewise most return pumps have grates to prevent larger things like fish from clogging your return.

Wow that’s a strange story... but I’m glad one of the missing fish turned up unharmed

I’m surprised a fish can get through your overflow, most tanks have grates to prevent this. Likewise most return pumps have grates to prevent larger things like fish from clogging your return.

The overflow has normal weir that is about 1/4” opening,(I think), and the fish is really small.

Nothing blocking the return pump, don’t want it to get clogged and effect flow rate and cause more noise.

But yes, really strange occurrence!

My best guess is.

I’ve recently had issues with my m1 pump. It would randomly turn off and reset. The other day I noticed it doing that for about four hours.

It is possible the fishie managed to get sucked in while it was slowly starting back up.

What amazed me that your pump didn’t chop your fish into food for other fishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly my thoughts too.

Granted the yellow clown goby is small. Like 1/2”. But still, a plastic propeller would do some damage.

Hi everybody!

Well my skimmer decided to stop working last week, and I am already battling high nutrient levels. So decided I wanted to get a new skimmer. Bigger. Better. New and improved!

5c4b6d8de3a5cf7942fe98ad0a1db1fb.jpg

I may have gone a little over board. But at least I’ll be set when I decide to build an even bigger tank:)

Back