High Tide Aquatics

July 16 Bonus coral list.

Some corals are deemed a little more desirable than others as a result we'd like to get as many of them spread out through the club, and we do this via the "bonus round". The way this works is that 3 bonus corals = 1 bonus ticket, and 1 ultra coral = 1 bonus ticket. Prior to the start of swap proper there will be a bonus A & B picking round. Bonus A round will give 1 bonus ticket to pick 1 coral to which you will leave if you have any further bonus tickets Bonus B round allows you to pick a coral for each ticket that you have.

Bonus & Ultra corals will have a special sticker on them to designate what they are so you don't have to go hunting to hard for them, e.g. if you want fancy zoas look at the zoa table for corals with the red sticker on them (or whatever color we choose on the day).

Bonus/Ultra corals DO count for your 3 different coral minimum requirement, however you still need 3 different corals to participate in ANY part of the swap all 3 different corals do NOT need to be bonus or ultra.
The 3 bonus corals to get 1 ticket do not have to be the same bonus coral, 3 separate bonus corals is perfectly valid.
No more than 6 of the same coral is valid for bonus tickets (2 tickets), however if you have multiple types of bonus corals you can still get bonus tickets.
Examples
Ultra coral XYZ, bonus coral A, bonus coral B, bonus coral C = valid admission to the swap + 2 bonus tickets (1 for ultra, 1 for 3 bonus corals)
Bonus coral A, Bonus coral A, Bonus coral A = not valid admission to the swap, therefore no bonus tickets either, 3 of the same coral is not an appropriate entry.
Ultra coral XYZ = not a valid admission to the swap, therefore no bonus tickets, same reason as above 3 different corals are required to participate in any part of the swap.
Bonus A, Regular K, Regular L = valid admission to the swap, no bonus tickets since only 1 bonus coral.
6 Bonus A, 12 Bonus B, 15 Bonus C = valid admission to the swap, 6 bonus tickets total 2 for Bonus A, 2 for bonus B (only 6 are valid), 2 for bonus C (only 6 are valid), and a warm felt thanks for entering so many corals into the swap, dilution is the solution to beat pollution so if you bring lots of your corals you increase the chances of someone picking your corals hence leaving the corals you want alone!

Here's a listing of 3 different types, do note that these lists are not set in stone since every single coral can not possibly be listed (especially as names pop out faster than ... <insert your own analogy here>), if you have other corals they can be judged (I will personally judge harshly :) ). If you have a coral on these lists it is considered "preapproved" for bonus/ultra category and no further scrutiny is required.
Zoanthids and Palys
Small Polyp Stony corals (SPS)
Large Polyp Stony corals (LPS) & Other soft corals

Last edited:
I’m bringing three coral exotic(Thinh Nguyen) bounce zoa, @IOnceWasLegend. @Srt4eric My colony lost bounce due to transfer, but can rebounce over time.have them loss due to stress and rebounce better than before. These are rare corals. Don’t mistake as regular zoa.

Last edited:
I’m bringing three coral exotic(Thinh Nguyen) bounce zoa, @IOnceWasLegend. @Srt4eric My colony lost bounce due to transfer, but can rebounce over time.have them loss due to stress and rebounce better than before. These are rare corals. Don’t mistake as regular zoa.
Vouching for this as an ultra coral; I saw these before the tank transfer and have also seen how much they've gone for on auctions/etc.

Vouching for this as an ultra coral; I saw these before the tank transfer and have also seen how much they've gone for on auctions/etc.
Ultra not Bonus? I’m not disagreeing or anything I’ve just never heard of or seen them, and Google search is not helping me out.

Also it might be a limitation of imagination but I don’t know what a bounce zoa would be since they don’t have vesicles.

Any links or pics?

Ultra not Bonus? I’m not disagreeing or anything I’ve just never heard of or seen them, and Google search is not helping me out.

Also it might be a limitation of imagination but I don’t know what a bounce zoa would be since they don’t have vesicles.

Any links or pics?
Screenshot_20220715-204747_Facebook.jpg

Any links or pics?
Last one I saw for sale sold for $130 for a single polyp

IMG_7416.jpg

Danh notes it's lost its bounce for now after tank transfer stress and said he's okay with having it as bonus. I'd still lean to ultra because it's one of the more unique zoas I've seen and I have literally never seen it outside of CoralExotic and Danh (who got it from CoralExotic).

Mines aren’t that fire like the original owner but it’s pretty unique. When not stressed it grow big. If only I can find the original owner pic, it’s insanely nice.

Attachments

• 0D8A93AD-A46F-4042-A964-1F84E6E8D6AD.jpeg
    0D8A93AD-A46F-4042-A964-1F84E6E8D6AD.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 105
Is this zoa still on the Ultra List for this upcoming frag swap? How many polyp/frag are needed. Not sure what is the name of it. I got it at the last swap. Mine don't have the bounces.

Is this zoa still on the Ultra List for this upcoming frag swap? How many polyp/frag are needed. Not sure what is the name of it. I got it at the last swap. Mine don't have the bounces.
This is the updated bonus/ultra list, and the place to ask questions for the upcoming swap:

Back