got ethical husbandry?

June 26, 2021 - Member's Frag Swap

RSVP required- Will you be attending?

• Total voters
Tim says there should be enough local street parking.

He also wanted me to remind everyone that Google will direct you to the far north side of the building for 100 Hooper St, whereas Seven Stills, where we are, is at the other end of the building and about half way down the street as Mike showed above.

A7FF9280-AC10-465A-AC1D-284965951509.jpeg
We’re tired of being pressed up against the glass…can we go to the swap already?

I picked up a bunch of frags from Rolf, and i will be picking for him and my own name. Also got a rbta for pickup too.

Just a quick note, due to the number of people participating in the swap we may run beyond the 1pm listed end time (that has been edited as of this post), however it should go no longer than 2pm, as we do not want to run into the hosting party's business too much.

Yikes didn't realize I needed to post here to join frag swap. It's been ages since I've been to one and I rejoined as a member earlier in the week, so hope it's not too late.

Yeah looks awesome, but labels on the lids are a lot easier to see than on the side when there are hundreds of frag cups bunched together on a table and you have a couple min to pick one
I was debating between being able to see the coral vs the names. Oh well, everyone else learn from my mistake.

Edit: I copied the picture from the "How to frag swap page", if we want labels on lids, could we update that first posting with a picture of them the other way?

Yeah looks awesome, but labels on the lids are a lot easier to see than on the side when there are hundreds of frag cups bunched together on a table and you have a couple min to pick one
...I think you'll appreciate the fact that my time in the lab led me to write everything on the side, not on the lid, because you can't disassociate the sample + its label. (One of my former PIs was a nematode researcher in the 80s. When the big one hit, she told me how her boss lost YEARS of research because he'd labeled all his strains on the lid, and the earthquake shook a ton of them loose...)

Welp, time to write the coral name on the lid. Final tally:

1p branching gold hammer, 3p rainbow incinerators, 1p salted agave, 5+p Vamps in Drag x2, 5+p Fruit Loop x2, 5+p Rainbow Hornets x3, RBTA, 2p Utter Chaos, 3-4p Utter Chaos x2, 1p speckled kraks, yellow clove polyp frag x2, red monti cap frag x2, 2p aoi

Last edited:
Back