got ethical husbandry?

Kessil WiFi vs. Spectral Controller... Any Thoughts?

Well, I was leaning toward Reefbreeders V2+ but partly because they are out of stock currently and partly to stick with my vision of the least amount of space being taken up by equipment outside the tank, I am leaning back toward two 360x's... I think. Anyone have an opinion one way or the other about programming hardware. I ready some reviews that the WiFi dongle would loose connection and was buggy at times but I prefer the upgradability (app on a phone) and not having to keep track of another controller idea behind the WiFi/phone solution. Let me know your thoughts/experiences. Thx.

My 360x with spectral x controller work better than my ap9x with kessil app. The app is one of the worst to use and I agree with bad ratings.
Had an ap700 but didn’t mess too much with its settings.

I have an extra spectral x controller if you want to purchase or trade for some nice corals. You’ll need the link cable.

with the controller I can set light to 1% and it’s dimmer than the kessil app.
Thanks for your comments. Aligns with other comments online. Spectral controller it is.

Presumably you don't need the Spectral Controller connected all the time, That said I feel like lights are a "set it and forget it" type of thing, unless you're trying to show off for someone coming over and want to hit the "all blue goodness" mode"

Presumably you don't need the Spectral Controller connected all the time, That said I feel like lights are a "set it and forget it" type of thing, unless you're trying to show off for someone coming over and want to hit the "all blue goodness" mode"
I have been trying to figure that out everywhere (except here where of course someone has the answer immediately). I was not sure if the light pucks contain logic/memory chips to retain their programming or if the controller was feeding it to them all the time. Would love to know that.

They do not retain any programming. The light output is based on what the controller is feeding it. I run a 360x and two old old A360s of the Spectal X controller. No complaints!

And not sure if you know or not, but the "link cable" is just a usb-C cable with a 90 degree attachment

They do not retain any programming. The light output is based on what the controller is feeding it. I run a 360x and two old old A360s of the Spectal X controller. No complaints!

And not sure if you know or not, but the "link cable" is just a usb-C cable with a 90 degree attachment
Really? Wow... like flipping WOW! You'd think that them going from the 360 to the 360x and tacking on $100 upcharge that they'd have some memory to remember settings.

Thanks @Galoot for solving that mystery. I had a feeling that was the case. Not a huge deal, actually helps guarantee I will not lose it or my kids will steal it.

I have an extra spectral x controller if you want to purchase or trade for some nice corals. You’ll need the link cable.

with the controller I can set light to 1% and it’s dimmer than the kessil app.
Sure maybe. I don't have any nice corals yet (thus the need for some OP lights). Just introduced first frags into new tank last weekend. Hope to have some to sell/trade in the future. I assume the controller is in good working order. How much were you thinking?

If you wait until next weekend, I’ll sell the package. 360x, spectral x, A series arm, link cable , narrow magnetic reflector for $400. Everything is less than a year age.

Sure maybe. I don't have any nice corals yet (thus the need for some OP lights). Just introduced first frags into new tank last weekend. Hope to have some to sell/trade in the future. I assume the controller is in good working order. How much were you thinking?

I have the 360x wireless controller that I won from a Kessil tour some time back, never used it though because I don't have Kessils! I was just going to sell it or auction it/raffle it for the club at the frag swap that we were planning, then COVID hit.

I have the 360x wireless controller that I won from a Kessil tour some time back, never used it though because I don't have Kessils! I was just going to sell it or auction it/raffle it for the club at the frag swap that we were planning, then COVID hit.
If you still have that controller I am interested.

The Kessil Wifi dongle works great, and MUCH better than their previous attempt at Wifi with the AP700. I have 1 dongle controlling 8 lights, which are each connected with regular USB-C cables.

Back