Jestersix

Kessil's AP9X

The_Lazy_Reefer

BOD
Staff member
I’ll have some detailed updates on the light within a week or so. I’ll be doing par readings and just my overall assessment of it first then I’ll keep updating as the weeks go by.

EBJ

Supporting Member
It can swap out for the 2 arm setup if you have it but also can run with their new sincgle articulating mount.
To clarify, I'm referring to this mount:

JVU

BOD
Staff member
To clarify, I'm referring to this mount:
This is the new single arm mount, and the price isn’t much more than 1 of the older arms, significantly less than buying 2 of the older arms:

EBJ

Supporting Member
This is the new single arm mount, and the price isn’t much more than 1 of the older arms, significantly less than buying 2 of the older arms:

That's not for a canopy

JVU

BOD
Staff member
That's not for a canopy
I didn’t say or try to imply it was. The earlier discussion was about how they went from 2 mounting arms to 1 mounting arm. Then you shared a link to the old canopy mount (not the arm) which I doubt works with the new light, so I shared a link to what we were talking about with the mounting arm for the new light. I don’t know how the new light mounts to canopies, it’s not obvious from the retail description.

The_Lazy_Reefer

BOD
Staff member
Still playing around but my initial reaction is this light kicks ass. I never was impressed with the AP700 and this thing is on a whole new level.

The_Lazy_Reefer

BOD
Staff member
What do you like better about it?
The spread is insane and the par is anywhere you really want it to be which is nice. They added some new colors to the cluster making it look better and give that pop most of us are looking for. A single mounting arm is a pretty clean look as well. Overall this light is worth the cost where as the AP700 was certainly dated in its price range.

Attachments