Jestersix

Kessil's AP9X

I’ll have some detailed updates on the light within a week or so. I’ll be doing par readings and just my overall assessment of it first then I’ll keep updating as the weeks go by.

It can swap out for the 2 arm setup if you have it but also can run with their new sincgle articulating mount.
To clarify, I'm referring to this mount:

To clarify, I'm referring to this mount:
This is the new single arm mount, and the price isn’t much more than 1 of the older arms, significantly less than buying 2 of the older arms:

This is the new single arm mount, and the price isn’t much more than 1 of the older arms, significantly less than buying 2 of the older arms:

That's not for a canopy

That's not for a canopy
I didn’t say or try to imply it was. The earlier discussion was about how they went from 2 mounting arms to 1 mounting arm. Then you shared a link to the old canopy mount (not the arm) which I doubt works with the new light, so I shared a link to what we were talking about with the mounting arm for the new light. I don’t know how the new light mounts to canopies, it’s not obvious from the retail description.

Exciting times today! I’ll be setting this up over the display in a few hours.

Attachments

• C6E12376-5D56-4C3D-8A6B-41259A17E076.jpeg
    C6E12376-5D56-4C3D-8A6B-41259A17E076.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 215
What do you like better about it?
The spread is insane and the par is anywhere you really want it to be which is nice. They added some new colors to the cluster making it look better and give that pop most of us are looking for. A single mounting arm is a pretty clean look as well. Overall this light is worth the cost where as the AP700 was certainly dated in its price range.

Attachments

• 90EB21E5-6038-40DA-80C1-3D2223AEC07E.jpeg
    90EB21E5-6038-40DA-80C1-3D2223AEC07E.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 203
I’m curious if this would work well over a Reefer 170 - a 21” x 24” tank.

currently running an A360X and I may need more light. I’d prefer a sleek fixture to a hybrid led/t5 setup.

would there be excessive light spill at the ends of the tank with this light? Is anyone using it have an opinion?

I’m curious if this would work well over a Reefer 170 - a 21” x 24” tank.

currently running an A360X and I may need more light. I’d prefer a sleek fixture to a hybrid led/t5 setup.

would there be excessive light spill at the ends of the tank with this light? Is anyone using it have an opinion?
I think you would be fine if you mount it lower than typical. The light would likely be overkill though.

One thing, when setting it up do a direct connection and not have your light connect to the router. I had a heck of a time trying to connect my light through the router. When I called into tech support they recommended the direct connection when worked perfectly.

Back