Our mission

Knock off / Clone MP10- MP-40

Just waiting to see who will actually take the gamble and order one for a true flow comparsion. I don't have much experience with different wave makers never owned any jabeo so nothing to go by.

I have a hygger wave maker and 2 mp10s one i haven't been able to get working and mp40.
I Had some crappy hydor koralia ones.

I Never had any others beyond those so my experience is extremely limited.

I like the mps over the Crappy ones, but thw price tag is insane to me and could never buy one new. Even some of the used prices are up there.

I would certainly buy a second generation one of these. My jebao stuff is low on features but works well, as long as you ignore the attempts at fancy stuff (their app sucks for example). I use their return on all my tanks and they work great. I use their wavemakers on my frag tank, and would use them on my display if I didn't have alternatives. Ironically their wifi connectivity works much better than the red sea things I own.

First generation, I'd wait a couple months for people to try it out.

I have some mp10s that need maintenance and I'm waiting to see what happens with these before paying to do the round trip to ecotech.

The suction cups will add a variable apparent glass thickness increase (which is critical), and will probably not retain their suction. Seems gimmicky.

Much better would be to just use a surface coating that sticks on without leaving a residue. I don’t know exactly what it is, but the newer Maxspect gyres use this on the dry side, and they aren’t going anywhere by accident regardless of the wet side.

Seems like the vortech MP wet sides work with the knock off dry side… at least for the DMP-10 version… I’m guessing for the other models too? Interesting…

Attachments

• IMG_0680.png
    IMG_0680.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 23
I took the plunge, I’ve had the DMP40 running for over 2 weeks now and just threw another one on my 100 gallon. They are exactly what they should be and move water like their real counterparts. Only downside I’ve seen is like other Jebao stuff they can’t throttle down to 1% power and have a range of like 30%-100%.

Attachments

• IMG_4237.jpeg
    IMG_4237.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4236.jpeg
    IMG_4236.jpeg
    217.4 KB · Views: 14
I took the plunge, I’ve had the DMP40 running for over 2 weeks now and just threw another one on my 100 gallon. They are exactly what they should be and move water like their real counterparts. Only downside I’ve seen is like other Jebao stuff they can’t throttle down to 1% power and have a range of like 30%-100%.
Youve been holding out on us.

Ahh nice! Never thought about that..
Thanks
Yeah for me it's mainly when making a standing wave. You want as much contrast between the max pulse and the min pulse to get a really good wave going. When I had Tunze pumps and had them set to zero, they would occasionally lock up and were all herky jerky turning all the way off then on with each pulse.

Edit - I am using Jebao SOW20s now for a wave, and they are still very effective, for anyone reading

Back