Neptune Aquatics

let's talk about water conservation.

Jeremy...you mean this?:

eggsd.jpg

I connect my RO waste line to one of those hoses that sweat. Every hour or so, I move the hose so it waters a different area of garden, including the lawn.

Use a bucket to catch the cold water before stepping into the shower.

Ok, just got my water bill today, and it looks I used 5984 gallons +/- 748 gallons. Reason why such a huge possible discrepancy is they measure in "units" of water used, where 1 unit = 748 gallons.

Not terribly bad, two people living here, one of them likes to take long showers (not me).. and the fish tank!

I think something wrong with our water meter. One bill is very low and the next one would be very high. Very weird. We call the water company to check it out but they said it's ok. ::) This one is the high one. The next one should be low.

Check for leaks too Phong, the water company won't care if you have a leak since its after the meter. 500g a day is a lot, even with your huge tank :D

We did.. no leak in the ground or under the house. I'm asking my wife to give me all the previous bils. I'm going to have a chat with these guys on Monday. >:(

Hahaha.. that's funny.. I love my tank so I do WC 50 times a day ;D :D ..

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3784.msg44097#msg44097 date=1212024443]
It's that people that don't care (the sheep that breed like rabbits), that can make our efforts futile.
[/quote]

The more we all talk about it, the more likely that the sheep actually start to pick up on it. Being green is pretty common these days.

Of course, if conserving saves them a ton of cash and you can show them that, they get even more interested.

Good to see my pet peeve (the SUV) is not selling these days.... too expensive... it isn't conservation nor the fact that they are killing machines that stops people buying them so "Yeh, expensive Gas!"

Question, what's the highest number of kids you can have on average and still have a diminishing population? Just trying to figure out whether I'm part of the problem.

[quote author=stubbsz link=topic=3784.msg44223#msg44223 date=1212191820]
[quote author=tuberider link=topic=3784.msg44097#msg44097 date=1212024443]
It's that people that don't care (the sheep that breed like rabbits), that can make our efforts futile.
[/quote]

The more we all talk about it, the more likely that the sheep actually start to pick up on it. Being green is pretty common these days.

Of course, if conserving saves them a ton of cash and you can show them that, they get even more interested.

Good to see my pet peeve (the SUV) is not selling these days.... too expensive... it isn't conservation nor the fact that they are killing machines that stops people buying them so "Yeh, expensive Gas!"

Question, what's the highest number of kids you can have on average and still have a diminishing population? Just trying to figure out whether I'm part of the problem.

[/quote]2.5 per couple maintains, less then that you have a diminishing population. Problem is in the more educated communities people pick up on progression, sadly though the places where population is a problem there is little to no education, and every child is "hope for the future".

See the intro. to Idiocracy, it sums it all up, hence Tony's graphic.

Back