Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

Looking for coral donations for Steinhart (easy stuff!)

Guest
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
2,480
Rich
I have a big colony of brown Idaho grape I can donate and also the BAR Flower Petal Monti 3" square.
 
Past President
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
5,121
Thanks everyone,

The best way to get stuff to me is to drop it by the Aquarium when I am working. I work Sunday-Thursday, so let me know when works for you and we'll meet up.

Thanks again!

Rich
 

Lyn

Guest
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
2,392
I can't make it to the Aquarium during those days. Would the next General meeting be ok?
 
Guest
Joined
Jan 17, 2009
Messages
197
Ibn said:
I can stop by Neptune before the meeting; let me know if you want me to pick them up in a bit...

Hi Eric,

Let me know when you're coming so we can prep them ahead of time. Thanks!
 
Guest
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
2,249
No Way! After what Steinhart did to me! Paying me well to do what I love AND being nice on top of it! Sheesh!
Seriously though, I have a large softie I can give you. Trade for a roti culture system but the coral comes with an acrylic tank. You know of what I speak!!
ps. Someone should kick your ass this week. LMK when you're available.
 
G

GreshamH

Guest
bookfish said:
No Way! After what Steinhart did to me! Paying me well to do what I love AND being nice on top of it! Sheesh!
Seriously though, I have a large softie I can give you. Trade for a roti culture system but the coral comes with an acrylic tank. You know of what I speak!!
ps. Someone should kick your ass this week. LMK when you're available.


Do I hear a rumble?

You need a roti-culture system? I happen to be working on a new set-up for hobbyists and could use some one like you to help work out the bugs :) email me. We have a new feed we're working on that is let's just say revolutionary in terms of rotifer culture. Good stuff I must say.
 
Guest
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
2,328
Hey rich, I have a large millepora (I think!) it's mostly brown, but has purple growth tips. It dominates my tank and I was telling my wife that I'd love to donate it to Steinharts! It grows FAST.

Oh yeah, I'm also overrun with green/purple ricordias and some nice green striped mushrooms. I've emailed you about the SPS, let me know and I'll bring it up one Sunday!

I'll email you.

V
 
Guest
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
319
i would only be able to bring to general meeting also, i have a rock with large hairy mushrooms, and a 8" colt coral. so let me know if you would want me to donate them. thanks
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
6,636
Rich, If you want some of this, let me know.

Its getting to big again! (DBTC- the coral even Mr Ugly didn't have)

D2X_4931.jpg
 
Guest
Joined
Dec 17, 2008
Messages
1,629
Today I dropped off some GSP, and a 2" colony of pipe organ. Rich, thanks for making me feel like a million bucks! New to reefing and the club and corals donated to the big dog.
 
Guest
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
2,239
I'll bring my mushroom this Sunday Rich!
 
Guest
Joined
Aug 31, 2008
Messages
1,046
I have a:
- single polyps of Florescent Green Stripe Mushroom on a 1-2lb rock,
- Two Red Button on a 2-3lb rock

do they want any of these?
 
Guest
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
5,655
I have two huge softies I need a home for; Devil's Hand and Toadstool ?
I just need to snip off a small frag to grow it LMK if it will have a home there.

Thx
 
Guest
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
955
I have a fist sized rock covered in GSP I could donate. Also have a couple small rocks with blue/green zoos and some green palythoas.
 
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
464
Rich ... I may try to go for the mondo-mongo award and get you a long polyp leather that is starting to dominate the center of the 180 ... it's probably about 14 or 15 inches in diameter and around a foot tall. I presume that isn't too big??? I may also have a variety of assorted softies to contribute if you like.
 
Past President
Joined
Apr 13, 2004
Messages
5,121
Yes to everything in this thread guys! Thanks!
Contact me and let me know if/when you could get it to the Park and we will work it out.

Thanks everyone who has come by so far!
 
Joined
Jan 30, 2006
Messages
464
Gresh, when you don't have much to show off, you got to sieze the moment when you can! I'm just proud of the fact that I can grow something besides clowns and 'nems!

Rich, let me know the best email to reach you at, and we can start talking schedules.

Thanks.
 
Top