Cali Kid Corals

Loving my new slow cooker

After researching all over the net for slow cooker recipes I went ahead and bought one this past weekend. So far beans for chili (making that tomorrow), korean bbq short ribs or as close to it as possible, and a few other ideas for next week.

Btw, thanks for all the ideas from the BAR - holiday party as it gave me the idea to go get one. Pulled pork is next thing to make.

Mmmmmmm :bigsmile:

Boiled ribs?? Liquid smoke?!!

Ok, now I know what we all need to talk about in the chat on the 23rd.

Next, you guys are gonna be telling me that you aquascape with purple gravel from Petco :D

I'm a little more simple with my slow cooker, vegetable/beef stew is my food of choice, only down side is around half way through the house really starts to smell good, but there's still time to wait!! :D I would do a chili, but I'm quite picky, and don't really have a desire to have THAT much chili too :D

Mr. Ugly said:
Boiled ribs?? Liquid smoke?!!

Ok, now I know what we all need to talk about in the chat on the 23rd.

Next, you guys are gonna be telling me that you aquascape with purple gravel from Petco :D

No pink gravel, but I was thinking of adding one of those treasure chests that opens up with bubbles.

I love making a nice stew in them. But my roommate found a 5qt one and makes some sort of chili in it at least once a month....but it hardly has any meat in it. Doesn't count as chili in my mind.

LOL Gresh

Crockpot 38651-C 6-Quart Smart-Pot Countdown Programmable Slow Cooker

Sounds wrong but just had the Korean ribs with homemade mash potatoes - the taters soaked up the sauce and grease - mmmmmm

I probably paid too much at Bed Bath & Beyond but I bought it with a gift card.

Speaking of mead - I hear the small ones are great for various drinks and dips too.

I've used it for other drinks like hot cider :)

The winery I am a member of one of their wine clubs, Bargetto in Soquel, is one of two places that actually makes mead now :) Great stuff.

this may sound simple but make sure when you buy one you can remove the pot from the cooker. saves you your sanity when you have to clean it.

Ahhh that was some good stew! On a goal to clean out the freezer of random meat, had a huge hunk of beef, wasn't freezer burned, golden potatoes, celery, carrots, vine ripe tomatoes, and additional "seasoning" 7 hours later my belly is happy :D

And yeah mine has the removable ceramic innards, it's a cheapy one basically off-low-high-warm, no timer or anything but it serves its purpose.

GreshamH said:
I've used it for other drinks like hot cider :)

The winery I am a member of one of their wine clubs, Bargetto in Soquel, is one of two places that actually makes mead now :) Great stuff.

Barbara is one of my dad's wives best friends, they went to high school together :)

Back