got ethical husbandry?

Malaysian Acros?

It matters in regards to what chances it has when fragged. Also matters on how aggressive you should be in fragging. How far you want to be from the dead tissue. In fact with stn it's only an esthetic concern, fragging not needed for survival.
Yeah, this is probably an STN since the colony has been tanked in my supplier’s tank for 3 days already and that’s all there was to the damage. With RTN, the whole colony would probably be gone by now. However, you could be right though, Ian. Now that the compromised piece is in a totally different environment, it might have went from STN to RTN overnight. We’ll see later when I go in the shop to check.

Yeah, this is probably an STN since the colony has been tanked in my supplier’s tank for 3 days already and that’s all there was to the damage. With RTN, the whole colony would probably be gone by now. However, you could be right though, Ian. Now that the compromised piece is in a totally different environment, it might have went from STN to RTN overnight. We’ll see later when I go in the shop to check.
But the key tell tale sign for me is in your second picture it looks like the tissue is peeling.

Frags are cut. Should be ready for pick up on few days.

Price starts from $75-$275
DEC7E6C0-4C97-425B-B5C7-08B0737592A1.jpeg

I picked up two medium size frag/mini colonies yesterday. One is for @NanoCrazed so I guess he STILL beat y’all to it haha. I fragged one of the 2 into 3 pieces. All the pieces are doing well without signs of STN so far.

I would say the color is interesting and will be fun to watch it color up if the pieces make it through QT. Mostly brown with hints of blue, green and pink. Here is one third of one frag I got under whites:
20A0115E-72A5-4D2E-A0B9-C1B6E7E69F1A.jpeg
And the bigger frag under blues. YEAH!!
D99EA5C9-6976-4D88-9F4E-934A880DFA92.jpeg

The frags have a good amount of commensal barnacles embedded in them, and also white bugs of some kind, so watch how you dip them.

I picked up two medium size frag/mini colonies yesterday. One is for @NanoCrazed so I guess he STILL beat y’all to it haha. I fragged one of the 2 into 3 pieces. All the pieces are doing well without signs of STN so far.

I would say the color is interesting and will be fun to watch it color up if the pieces make it through QT. Mostly brown with hints of blue, green and pink. Here is one third of one frag I got under whites:
View attachment 40718And the bigger frag under blues. YEAH!!
View attachment 40725
The frags have a good amount of commensal barnacles embedded in them, and also white bugs of some kind, so watch how you dip them.

So far, surprisingly hardy genetic! I can also see some pink in the corallites still! Going to be fun to watch what it’s going to bloom into next few months.

View attachment 40718And the bigger frag under blues. YEAH!!
View attachment 40725
Is that from the same colony? How did the other colony look?

Robert can only see green when he’s fragging a colony for sale :)
Well, I am in the business to sell. So, I’ve learned to not get too attach to anything in the shop any more because my business mentor taught me that in business, everything is for sale for the right price. To that end, if the piece looks ripe, they’ll get cut…lol. Seriously though, I don’t like selling whole colonies of anything. Although it’s quick money, but it doesn’t sits right with me.

Back in the days when it was so hard for me to get corals, nice pieces are so so hard to acquire. And after I get them, people would just snatch up entire colonies just to kill them days later. After a while, that became depressing so my mind slowly changed to fragging up everything so that the gene will live on. Ever since then, it kinda happens naturally that way with everything coming in. Some people called me a chop shop, but it doesn’t matter. It’s just ignorance. At the end of the day, it’s all about giving the animals as many chance to live as possible and I am doing just that by cutting them up. So, it’s not just about money. I do have a heart somewhere… :)

Well, I am in the business to sell. So, I’ve learned to not get too attach to anything in the shop any more because my business mentor taught me that in business, everything is for sale for the right price. To that end, if the piece looks ripe, they’ll get cut…lol. Seriously though, I don’t like selling whole colonies of anything. Although it’s quick money, but it doesn’t sits right with me.

Back in the days when it was so hard for me to get corals, nice pieces are so so hard to acquire. And after I get them, people would just snatch up entire colonies just to kill them days later. After a while, that became depressing so my mind slowly changed to fragging up everything so that the gene will live on. Ever since then, it kinda happens naturally that way with everything coming in. Some people called me a chop shop, but it doesn’t matter. It’s just ignorance. At the end of the day, it’s all about giving the animals as many chance to live as possible and I am doing just that by cutting them up. So, it’s not just about money. I do have a heart somewhere… :)
I was joking… Ian asked what colony had better color… you said the one that makes the most money… I connected color of money/corals is green. It was absolutely not directed at you or your business practices.

All that aside I think fragging valuable colonies to sell them is better for everyone- seller makes more for their effort, more buyers get to have it, more likely to have survivors.

I was joking… Ian asked what colony had better color… you said the one that makes the most money… I connected color of money/corals is green. It was absolutely not directed at you or your business practices.

All that aside I think fragging valuable colonies to sell them is better for everyone- seller makes more for their effort, more buyers get to have it, more likely to have survivors.
I know you were! I was not offended at all. I thought it was funny actually because I was connecting your comment with ones that was made elsewhere which I ignored. Here, I take the members comments much more seriously, out of respect.

Reactions: JVU
Back