Cali Kid Corals

Maxspect "Jump" line of equipment

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
good lord did Maxspect send out samples of their equipment to everyone with a reef channel? I saw Reefbuilders do a review of everything, then one of the other channels, and I think the Youtube algorithm kicked in and thought I wanted to see everyone who reviewed it. Seriously, saw someone with around 300 subscribers and they're showing off all of the items (3 pumps, skimmer, & light), hell even a guy with 13 subscribers was reviewing one of the pumps!

heheh

It's not a bad thing to do if you enjoy what you're doing. But it is a definitely takes a bit of work to do. Unfortunately you might just drown out in all the white noise out there unless you can find something that makes you more interesting than the other bajillion youtube channels doing the same thing.

ya that reefbuilders "review" was really great... "oh look at this, hey it turns on! ok on to the next thing. WOAH ya it turns on too!"

That light... "seems bright enough for a 2ft cube" really great analysis on that one.
:rolleyes:

ya that reefbuilders "review" was really great... "oh look at this, hey it turns on! ok on to the next thing. WOAH ya it turns on too!"

That light... "seems bright enough for a 2ft cube" really great analysis on that one.
:rolleyes:
The only videos I can watch from them are the tours. All those you tubers have agendas, and it feels like Jake just wants us to think he’s a reef guru. But not a guru that wants to teach anything beyond vague recommendations

I normally like Jake, at least when he's not obviously reviewing equipment, but yeah that video is one where you can almost feel the sponsorship money coming out of the screen. That said, he does what he does so he can have what he has, and I don't blame him one bit. Having a studio that filled with tanks like that, most of us would probably be willing to pander to sponsors for that.

Ive been watching some of the Australian tubers while doing maintenance. Reef Nerf and Parker's Reef. Nice to have on in the background while working with the tank.

I normally like Jake, at least when he's not obviously reviewing equipment, but yeah that video is one where you can almost feel the sponsorship money coming out of the screen. That said, he does what he does so he can have what he has, and I don't blame him one bit. Having a studio that filled with tanks like that, most of us would probably be willing to pander to sponsors for that.
I have no problem with him posting them. I just wont go there for info.

Back