Jestersix

MD’s 50 Gallon Low Boy

This is the configuration I ended up with. Three columns of two racks. Looking at them in the tank now, I don’t think I’ll add another set of two. I think the gaps will be good for the fish and if I add another set, the racks will be too far out into the edges of the tank and I think my PAR there would be kinda low. For now this is good. I don’t even think I’ll have that many frags ever to fill up all of them anyways haha. Also followed @Turkeysammich suggestion on the staggered holes and at least 1.5” foot height for fish and flow. I ended up with 2”. Going to check PAR levels right now

Attachments

• IMG_9789.png
    IMG_9789.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_9790.png
    IMG_9790.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9788.png
    IMG_9788.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 46
This is the configuration I ended up with. Three columns of two racks. Looking at them in the tank now, I don’t think I’ll add another set of two. I think the gaps will be good for the fish and if I add another set, the racks will be too far out into the edges of the tank and I think my PAR there would be kinda low. For now this is good. I don’t even think I’ll have that many frags ever to fill up all of them anyways haha
Sweet outcome. Hate to burst your bubble, but by being part of this group of enablers I’ve heard us described as you will be lucky if your not looking for another frag tank same time next year

Hahahaha I might have to come check out your set up and do something similar. Definitely feeling a little jealous over here.
Right now it’s a little empty haha but I can’t wait till it fills up a bit more. I’m proud of it because i basically DIY everything to how I want it. Before this build, I never built anything with wood and I really like how the stand came out. I didn’t even own a drill so I had to buy one and crazy how really the first thing I drilled was a glass fish tank. The plumbing was probably the most complicated part. That’s why I’m super grateful with this club. A lot of this stuff I couldn’t have figured it out without the people in here. The knowledge in here is more than worth the membership fee

Right now it’s a little empty haha but I can’t wait till it fills up a bit more. I’m proud of it because i basically DIY everything to how I want it. Before this build, I never built anything with wood and I really like how the stand came out. I didn’t even own a drill so I had to buy one and crazy how really the first thing I drilled was a glass fish tank. The plumbing was probably the most complicated part. That’s why I’m super grateful with this club. A lot of this stuff I couldn’t have figured it out without the people in here. The knowledge in here is more than worth the membership fee
When I read over the build and the process it definitely made me want one. I was already lurking on them before then seen this and is temping me more and more.

This thread will serve as a model for what I want to do one day. Love lagoon-style tanks, maybe a little taller but I love the shape.

The stand looks professional, great work on that. I left my stand so barebones it hurts to look at and this makes me want to fix it :p

Back