Reef nutrition

Meshmez's 150

I think actually option 2 would be a bigger surface area. I'll have to measure tomorrow. I think option 1 probably makes the most sense though.

I’m thinking option 1 let’s you install a deeper cabinet that can hide a lot more stuff. You could also add a counter top above it, which is super useful.

I'm thinking of making an electronics cabinet. Currently most of my electronics are mounted deep in the left side of my cabinet, and some under the frag tank.
View attachment 21478
I'm debating putting it between the two tanks (1), or on the side of the display (2). It will likely be floor standing with a anchor to the wall or stand to prevent tipping.
View attachment 21476
View attachment 21479
I'm going to put the topoff reservoir under the frag tank, so those tubes along with wires would be going between the 2 tanks, and the cabinet and the frag tank.

I'm leaning toward option 1. But open to opinions/ideas.
I like option 1

Switching over to radions today. Hope my corals are OK with this transition!

Also, yes, I'm battling cyano..
20201205_151555.jpg

I'm going to wait a little while on implementing the Dastaco CaRX. I want to move my electronics out of the stand, before I have the dastaco all situated in front of it. I also want to give my corals time to acclimate to the lighting change before adding another change.

Since the dastaco effluent is such low PH, I'm considering injecting it into the body of my skimmer, the same way Rich Ross mentioned he doses lanthanum into his. I'm hoping this will allow the skimmer to aerate the effluent some, raising the PH before it hits the tank. I may just drip it in from the top rather than running a tube to the bottom, this way I can avoid potential siphon issues. Not positive I will do this yet.

How'd that work out so far?
It worked OK. I need bigger tips though, it took too much pressure to inject. Also need to figure out how much time to wait before pulling the tip out after injecting. Adhesive needs time to start to cure in the tube, but not enough that it sticks too much to the tip as well.

Got tired of food getting caked on the screen on my tank from the auto feeder, and wanted to feed some larger foods that didn't fit great through the screen, so I made this! The larger holes should lead to less getting caught on it, and I hope it will be easier to clean. I also made a removable, integrated feeding ring.

20210123_133327.jpg

20210123_133303.jpg
20210123_133242.jpg
20210123_133223.jpg
20210123_133417.jpg
20210123_133347.jpg
20210123_133359.jpg

It's been a while since I have updated, things haven't been going great with my display tank... I have been both too embarrassed and saddened to post about it, which I know is not a great way to get help.

Between an on and off battle with dino and cyano, and limited time for tank maintenance due to work and kiddo (nothing wrong, just busy) I haven't been able to react fast enough to keep up as issues arise.

I have lost the majority of my sps, including pieces which have been growing and looking great for almost a year. And unfortunately a lot of my sps dbtc, which I'll start updating soon...

Most of my lps and softies have held on, though some are starting to look not so great.

Parameters have held pretty even,
Cal ~470
Alk 8-9
Mag ~1300
Nitrate 10
Phosphate 0.08

The only thing I can really think is PH has been high 8.2-8.5 and temp has creeped up around 81-83. Nothing weird on ICP.

I'm working to get things back on track, and will probably focus on more on lps and softies for a while. Also considering downsizing my tank, but haven't decided yet.

Anyway, that's my update. Wish is was better!

It's been a while since I have updated, things haven't been going great with my display tank... I have been both too embarrassed and saddened to post about it, which I know is not a great way to get help.

Between an on and off battle with dino and cyano, and limited time for tank maintenance due to work and kiddo (nothing wrong, just busy) I haven't been able to react fast enough to keep up as issues arise.

I have lost the majority of my sps, including pieces which have been growing and looking great for almost a year. And unfortunately a lot of my sps dbtc, which I'll start updating soon...

Most of my lps and softies have held on, though some are starting to look not so great.

Parameters have held pretty even,
Cal ~470
Alk 8-9
Mag ~1300
Nitrate 10
Phosphate 0.08

The only thing I can really think is PH has been high 8.2-8.5 and temp has creeped up around 81-83. Nothing weird on ICP.

I'm working to get things back on track, and will probably focus on more on lps and softies for a while. Also considering downsizing my tank, but haven't decided yet.

Anyway, that's my update. Wish is was better!
Sorry dude... i was just wondering how you're doing. Not the post i wanna see.

But can relate. I had a runaway DOS... that's costing me lots of pieces as well. But don't give up the fight!

Consider tank wide cipro. Might help reset things. 125mg per 100G for easy math. 7 days, daily.

Back