Jestersix

Meshmez's 150

Got my new water station almost fully set up with the new water tanks! Also switching to 3 stage DI.
20200906_210623.jpg

Are all the tanks lit by radions? What lighting schedule are you using? what do you think made the Sunkist bounce so much in your tank, the gonzo got a little bubbly too

Are all the tanks lit by radions? What lighting schedule are you using? what do you think made the Sunkist bounce so much in your tank, the gonzo got a little bubbly too
I use Rapid LED Coronas... (insert coronavirus joke here) I broadcast AB+ 3-4x/week (1.5-2ml per dose in the 25g frag tank where these live right now) and target feed reef roids 2-3x/week (not concentrated with syringe, but mixed with a baster)

interesting. I’ve heard that UV will make shrooms bounce and it looks like they have UV diodes so that makes sense. My understanding is that radions do not have true UV. I don’t have any bubbles on the gonzo I have

Did you find that A/B valve switch on Amazon. I was so stoked when I found it as it was exactly what I needed to divert filtered water between my ATO and Salt mixture... until I saw how much they were going to charge me for that little guy...
I think I got it from BRS

Impressive setup...That water station looks like a robust setup. And were those big parallams that your contractor used in your floor framing? Wow..that is beefie! It all makes my setup look like it's all duct tape and rubber bands.

Something looks weird on that hammer. It’s like it’s inflamed or something cause it’s much larger than when you got it from me. I’ll take it back to be safe ;)

Tanks looking good! Do you think you’ll plumb the fresh saltwater to the tank for water changes as easy as opening and closing valves? I suppose your python makes it easy enough already

Impressive setup...That water station looks like a robust setup. And were those big parallams that your contractor used in your floor framing? Wow..that is beefie! It all makes my setup look like it's all duct tape and rubber bands.
Yep, parallam.
20201012_175615.jpg

The contractor joked about the Abrams Tank I must be parking in my livingroom... I may still go put some floor jacks under it. I'm not worried about sagging, but there is a little bounce if I "walk heavily" by it.

Something looks weird on that hammer. It’s like it’s inflamed or something cause it’s much larger than when you got it from me. I’ll take it back to be safe ;)

Tanks looking good! Do you think you’ll plumb the fresh saltwater to the tank for water changes as easy as opening and closing valves? I suppose your python makes it easy enough already
Haha ya it definitely looks inflamed!

No plan to run watervlines to it, the python works great. Also running water lines to it would require drilling through one of the above referenced 9 1/4" thick parallams, 1 1/8" plywood and a 2x4... :D

Wow! I need to find some time to do some major updates here!

For starters, I picked up some new hardware a couple weeks ago. Slowly starting to get it set up!

20201112_201948.jpg

I'm thinking of making an electronics cabinet. Currently most of my electronics are mounted deep in the left side of my cabinet, and some under the frag tank.
20201121_210408.jpg

I'm debating putting it between the two tanks (1), or on the side of the display (2). It will likely be floor standing with a anchor to the wall or stand to prevent tipping.
20201121_210114.jpg

20201121_210242.jpg

I'm going to put the topoff reservoir under the frag tank, so those tubes along with wires would be going between the 2 tanks, and the cabinet and the frag tank.

I'm leaning toward option 1. But open to opinions/ideas.

Back