got ethical husbandry?

MH goes on and off

Either that, but most likely it is seated poorly. DE or SE? DE this is a common issue.

Have you tried reseating the bulb? You may need to play with the mounts. Sometimes you even have to rough up the metal contacts a little.

Ok, I tried resetting the bulb and replacing the bulb with another one.
It didn't work :(
I left it off for a couple days and when I turn it back on, it ran for a couple days without a probem, but then today it was on and off again.
I guess I need to find a 250W ballast to exchange and see it that solves the problem.
The bulb is barely used :(
Should I dump MH and go full LED?
I have 2 DIY LED strips already mounted on each side of the MH reflector that I was using just for sunrise sunset effect, mainly because I got lazy and never mounted a fan on them... lol
I was running them at 20%. Each strip has 6 XR-E Cool White and 6 XR-E Royal Blue.
I also have the new Ecotech Radion in the box sitting in the shelf. I can now control those with my Reef Angel too :)
I just had no coloration when using LEDs on my nano, but that may have been influenced by nutrients.

Did you play with adjusting the DE mounts? I had to flare mine out more and rough up the surface. On my old PFO pendant I had to rebend the mounts slightly. I've always been able to resolve that issue though. Good luck :)

I'd be hesitant on the dumping of MH... but that is just my opinion :)

Yeah, I tried resetting the bulb and playing around with the contacts, but it just seems it is not it.
Anyone has any 250W ballast to lend me for a couple days to check if the ballast is the problem?

Roberto, sorry you are dealing with the frustration of non-working MH lights. I have a spare Bluewave ballast that you're welcome to try out, but I live & work pretty far from you.
Christina

I have a couple, if I can track em down you are welcome to borrow them. Email me, we will go from there :)

Back