Reef nutrition

Moving a 500 lbs tank with 2-3 inch to spare…

robert4025

Neptune Aquatics
LFS Owner
F26F5B06-6EF0-4187-B17A-4B1BE564864D.jpeg

Reactions: JVU
We were gonna let that one brew for a bit longer...

Just for the record…I did help this time! Didn’t you see in all the pictures my hand was on the tank the entire time? Granted I didn’t use the suction handle. In my defense, I licked both my palms so they were really sticking to the glass.

Just for the record…I did help this time! Didn’t you see in all the pictures my hand was on the tank the entire time? Granted I didn’t use the suction handle. In my defense, I licked both my palms so they were really sticking to the glass.
That's what I want. Robert's spit all over my brand new tank...

Wow, nice photo-documentation of a tricky move. Water hazard and all. Tell us more about the choice to use a lifting dolly with wheels on top of another dolly with wheels.

I love the increased front-back depth on that tank but it looks like it kinda sticks out into the flow of the room. I hope the significant other signed off on the dimensions beforehand.

Wow, nice photo-documentation of a tricky move. Water hazard and all. Tell us more about the choice to use a lifting dolly with wheels on top of another dolly with wheels.

I love the increased front-back depth on that tank but it looks like it kinda sticks out into the flow of the room. I hope the significant other signed off on the dimensions beforehand.
Two of the stocked wheels on the lift doesn’t swivels so steering under load very difficult. I could’ve cut them off. But, I do need to use the lift without the dolly sometimes because some stand are very short. So, the collapsed lift must be lower than the stand in order to slide the tank over easily.

Vice versa affect with the dolly. I get complete steering movement, added extra height for taller stand (like one in the pictures), and has larger wheels to go over bumps easier.
E7CE2AAA-59D7-42FF-8F44-B1038C87CD60.jpeg

Last edited:
Two of the stocked wheels on the lift doesn’t swivels so steering under load very difficult. I could’ve cut them off. But, I do need to use the lift without the dolly sometimes because some stand are very short. So, the collapsed lift must be lower than the stand in order to slide the tank over easily.

Vice versa affect with the dolly. I get complete steering movement, added extra height for taller stand (like one in the pictures), and has larger wheels to go over bumps easier.View attachment 33190
I thought that was awesome, and the reasons I thought you did it, you stated... so I feel quietly vindicated :D

Back