High Tide Aquatics

My 210 restart.

Excuse my ignorance here, but won’t taking out the rocks be a moot point? I’m sure whatever is in the tank is in the rocks...

I’d just give it a few weeks or months without fish and try again...unless you completely start over from scratch.

If it’s bacterial and in the water column, have you considered a UV sterilizer?

Also if you haven’t, you may want to post in the fish disease section at R2R, there are some pretty knowledgeable folks there.

This is a good first approach to tackle what sounds like a bacteria issue.
I have seen this goes so ways and most of the time the prognosis is not good.
Bacteria issue could be secondary and derived from virus or bugs, too.
Hope you get a grasp on this infection.

\
I am not sure what it is my bandit died. The skin is like falling off both my chevron and Achilles hybrid. It’s nothing I’ve seen before as it not ich, velvet as some fish seems like nothing’s happen. My rhomboid starting to look deform on the face. So hopefully taking all rocks out and start to use general cure, metro and furan and kanaplex should cover all spectrum of bacterial infection.

Excuse my ignorance here, but won’t taking out the rocks be a moot point? I’m sure whatever is in the tank is in the rocks...

I’d just give it a few weeks or months without fish and try again...unless you completely start over from scratch.

I'm bleaching the rocks so nothing will survive. I just need to remove them so I can treat the tank and eventually move the fish to hospital tanks while I reboot the main display.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm bleaching the rocks so nothing will survive. I just need to remove them so I can treat the tank and eventually move the fish to hospital tanks while I reboot the main display.

Ahh. Makes sense.

My only other question is...is it really worth it to start over?

I hate new tanks. Soo many issues and tone to wait before everything settles down. I’d try and find a way that first require killing everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s too bad man. I know how hard you work to keep this sort of thing from happening. Any pictures of the skin falling off the fish? When you say you’ve been battling it for a year, why do you mean?

That’s too bad man. I know how hard you work to keep this sort of thing from happening. Any pictures of the skin falling off the fish? When you say you’ve been battling it for a year, why do you mean?
The find on all the tangs looked like there are eaten even on the small yellow Tang in the frag Tang that's connected to the main display. And that fish has no one to bother it so it's not aggression.

Skin and mucus falling off and such sounds like a bad case of Brooklynella to me.

Major sympathies!!

You really should try to determine if it is a parasite / virus / bacteria.
If parasite, all your corals and rocks would be fine.
Of course, you would need a long no-fish fallow time.

That said - a reboot can be a good opportunity to really rebuild and redo things the way you want.
I do not regret my majano-reboot.

f8a1acbfab83aa83a2b5c46af2d2a86b.jpg

Phase 2 all rocks out.

Almost killed by dwarf Golden moray cause it was hiding In The rocks been in the trash can for hours still alive.

Last edited:
I killed my stary blenny that way. We kept looking all over the tank and the removed rock and couldn’t account for him and then I flipped over the rock that I had removed from the tank the day before and he fell out of one of the caves.

Back