License to krill

My 210 restart.

scuzy

Supporting Member
It wasn't brook. The Tang that looked bad is almost healed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rygh

Webmaster
Staff member
Tip : Before you take a picture, crank up the whites. You have adjustable LEDs right!
Can't see much of anything but blue.

scuzy

Supporting Member
First citizen of the rebuild.

Had him for almost 5 months in quarnatine. Didn’t want to put him in the old tank cause i didn’t know what issues i was having in the tank. Now is a great time to get him into his forever home.

Last edited:

Newjack

Supporting Member
Gem tangs are getting pretty common now. I see them all over the place online for sale. The price seems to have come down a lot over the years. Some people have also reported buying them at Petco. Andy, how big is your qt tank? 5 months sounds like a long time in a tiny qt.

euod

Supporting Member
My theory is that gem tang selling at $700 is not really gem tang.
This one seems like a real gem tang because they look like dots then lines.
The gem with lines was considered rare in 2017 but no so anymore.
https://reefbuilders.com/2017/02/09/one-of-a-kind-lined-gem-tang/

I have gem tangs collected 6 yrs ago to recently and the one coming in now definitely has more lines. Getting gems with dots now can be tricky and same with black tangs because they been crossbreeding like rabbits

scuzy

Supporting Member
It wasnt a large tank for sure a 40 breeder but it did its job. He’s now in a bigger forever home.

scuzy

Supporting Member
Been so busy the last 3 months didn’t get to work in the tank. But finally these two new guys made it through quarantine

As well as the long time resident

scuzy

Supporting Member
Tank is in the ugly stages. Time to do a few water changes and start dialing the parameters back up.