Reef nutrition

My journey journal..

I have a gas generator you can borrow for a few days if you want to make the drive to Sunnyvale.

Edit, looks like this isn't the close fire. Offer is still open though.
It was restored after a few hours. Thanks for the offer Michael!
Between yesterdays outage and today I lost a few SPS unfortunately!
The way it's been going power outage wise may need to go ahead and buy a generator this point.

The way it's been going power outage wise may need to go ahead and buy a generator this point.
I am a fan of the dual fuel one from home depot as it takes both gas and propane, and doesn't break the bank. They are all made in the same factories, so cheap is ok. The expensive Honda ones are quieter, but 2-3x the price. I got one as soon as I had more than the generator in value in my tank alive, which came around 9 months in for me.

A generator definitely sounds like a good plan for you! I'm still figuring out my backup power plan and seems I may need to get to it sooner than later.

So this light has been going out every other day since I put it up. I have to reset the light, power down and power on via surge outlet switch every time it happens. It’s very annoying! And today alone it shut down 4 times. I also noticed the light on this specific power block turns off as well. I read a thread on R2R where it seems there was a batch that had defective power supply’s. I’ve contacted Ecotech already, pending their call back.

190CEE14-3091-49E3-99F5-46CABF48DC52.jpeg

Last edited:
Ecotech shipped the replacement light ground so I threw my XR30 in the middle. I think I’ll keep this setup and throw that XR15 over my IM14 nano when it comes in on Wednesday.

Fish Live stock:
Ocellaris Pair
Randalli Anthias (x2 will soon be x5)
Chromis (x6)
Spotted Green Mandarin
6 Line Wrasse
Mystery Wrasse
Bluestar Leopard Wrasse Pair
Melanurus Wrasse Pair
Blue Tang
Yellow Tang
Purple Tang
Desjardini Tang
Gem Tang
White Tail Tang

Inverts:
Cleaner Shrimp (x2)
Fire Shrimp (x2)
Trochus Snails (x5)
Turbo Snails (x5)
Astraea Snails (x5)
Fromia Starfish (x2)
Conch (x4)

Will add:
Sand Sifting Starfish (x2)
Randalli Anthias (x3 more)

186697B6-5484-486F-A387-14C70227A5EE.jpeg
EA87B27C-D5FC-4DBB-911D-D6CF7DD8A7FA.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s been a while that I posted an update. After several months of a bad diatom outbreak I’m almost in the clear. Still a few small patches here and there, but slowly going away everyday. Lost a lot of coral over the past couple months being covered in brown slime and choked out, I take full accountability for not addressing the tank sooner.

Did a 2.5 day black out on the tank, running reactors with 2 stages of sera filter floss and cleaning them every other day. Had to do heavy turkey basting 4-5x daily for several days to get everything free floating and filtered out. Still basting daily but only lightly in the evening now. Been adding 20ml of microbacter 7 daily for about a month and dosing 10ml (1ml/10gal) h2o2 twice a day for a couple weeks. I changed the light schedule for a week to reacclimate the tank to its regular lighting schedule. I’m running a shorter white period until the diatoms are completely gone. I’ve moved most of my zoas out, the plan is to move all softies to an extended frag tank. And only have LPS and SPS in here.

Temp 77.5
Salinity 35.2
pH 8.19
NO3 26.6
PO4 0.25
dKH 9.03
Ca 482
Mg 1450
0C080A39-04B4-4E4A-B308-5582EB2D608D.jpeg

Do you still have all 6 of the tangs?
seem likes a lot in that “small” space
I rehomed the whitetail from this tank a few months ago. Still have the 4 zebrasoma and the blue tang in here. They’re all happy, well fed and well mannered. The Desjardini maybe making his way into the 225 soon because he is getting rather large. And I have plans on replacing the 225 with a 400 in the near future.

Back