Kessil

My next tank.... (I wish)

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
Have any of you seen this on fb? It's for sale and it's local. This would look awesome taking up 1/4 of my living room.

Screenshot_20210112-094040_Facebook.jpg

Hey I (used to I guess) sevice that thing!
I’m sure nobody here wants it, but it’s more like 3 feet across, maybe 40”. Not 4 feet. And it’s scratched pretty good.

So .... how the heck did you clean coraline off the deep curved inside acrylic surface????

Yeah ... that sort of thing is great for businesses and public displays.
But for a hobbyist reef tank, totally the wrong thing.

So .... how the heck did you clean coraline off the deep curved inside acrylic surface????

Yeah ... that sort of thing is great for businesses and public displays.
But for a hobbyist reef tank, totally the wrong thing.
You don’t let it grow mainly. Huge mighty magnets (f9 I think) magnet with the mesh algae sock thingy does great for cleaning it.

You don’t let it grow mainly. Huge mighty magnets (f9 I think) magnet with the mesh algae sock thingy does great for cleaning it.
Interesting...
I have a big magnet cleaner, with a normal white cleaner pad, which works great on green algae, but does nothing to coraline.
Maybe I will try that nylon cutter bag.

Interesting...
I have a big magnet cleaner, with a normal white cleaner pad, which works great on green algae, but does nothing to coraline.
Maybe I will try that nylon cutter bag.
By it I meant this tank, not so much coraline. Cleaning with the magnet before the coraline grows is my strategy

Not a big fan of his sale of it... "come make me an offer" ... "oh btw I spent a lot of money on this thing so far!" I mean I don't care how much someone overpaid for something :)

That said, looks rather tall, like those displays you may see at the old Rainforest Cafe, well not quite THAT tall but rather unusably tall.

Not a big fan of his sale of it... "come make me an offer" ... "oh btw I spent a lot of money on this thing so far!" I mean I don't care how much someone overpaid for something :)

That said, looks rather tall, like those displays you may see at the old Rainforest Cafe, well not quite THAT tall but rather unusably tall.
It’s almost 6 feet tall

Back