Our mission

NanoCrazed's Lazy Tank(s) Journal

Yeah red planet definitely can have green, it's one of those things "depending on the conditions" types of corals, the relatively thick center area makes me think it's doing that tabling fusion bit with branches even though it's growing vertically. Either way, nice coral.

This is one of my frags at low par. See how it start from greenish to pronounced red. The growth will be red and will keep getting deeper in time.

Attachments

• 20200518_092330.jpg
    20200518_092330.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 183
This is one of my frags at low par. See how it start from greenish to pronounced red. The growth will be red and will keep getting deeper in time.
ORA indicates the opposite, funny enough -- that high PAR loses green...

I compared the red planet I have from your DBTC, and the two look different. Granted, my piece is at high PAR right under the lights, while your DBTC red planet is at 2/3 down the tank...

Where'd you get your csb / dpv? The DPV looks like it could be a "similar to DPV" that's been unfortunately making its rounds in the Bay Area as a "DPV."

ORA indicates the opposite, funny enough -- that high PAR loses green...

I compared the red planet I have from your DBTC, and the two look different. Granted, my piece is at high PAR right under the lights, while your DBTC red planet is at 2/3 down the tank...
With high PAR in my system green get less so as the red. That's why I said greenish..
Remember when it come to color it's not only about light but also trace elements and nutrients.
Low nutrients usually yeild washed out color, while higher nutrients give deeper color(to a point ofcourse).
I dose boron and K+.both improve the red and green coloration.
As an example overdosing k can show more green color on red coral like redplanet..etc

If memory serves... and these days it doesn't quite as well... when the Red Planet came out that was before the big LED craze, like there may have been some out there but they most definitely were not the "everyone has LEDs" situation that they have now. So the spectrum most people kept over their tanks (yeah even with 20k Radiums) is vastly different than it is today with most LED setups.

Where'd you get your csb / dpv? The DPV looks like it could be a "similar to DPV" that's been unfortunately making its rounds in the Bay Area as a "DPV."

@iCon For the DPV, it's currently recovering from an initial set back after a failed split...just managed to being back the green and the white bands. Still needs more length to grow out on the greens though. But, it's a confirmed DPV. I had one previously from @Mr2KiEu , and he's also seen it in person as well. I got my current one from another BAR member.

As for the CSBs, I have the momma directly from Sang -- when he took a break, I adopted his momma. In the same tank, I also have splits from ER lineage (granted two degrees away from Heather at ER -- but all confirmed lineage as well)

Back