Our mission

NanoCrazed's Lazy Tank(s) Journal

Cadlights 45

===

Well that sucks. I moved my JF Asskraks to another tank to help them open up again... and overnight, something ate them. My only 3 polyps of JF Asskraks. Ugh.

I should have fragged them while I was at it but didn't want to stress them out just yet. sloooooooow growers.

AquaJapan85
====

Big orders came in today. Will be busy!

First time getting stuff straight from TSA... i have to say, I'm super impressed with the extra bits they put in. Each bag is labeled with params and a colored print out summary with pics.

20200924_103500.jpg
20200924_103504.jpg

ELOS 70
=======

In a freak turn of events, one of my Supernovas ate one of my juvie mocha storms... ugh.

The clown has been living in the nem basket until it grows big enough to stand on its own... but it jumped out last night into the open tank where 4 other clowns live... Saw it happen and put it back in the basket... then it decided to do it again this morning... but between when I was able to get to it, the female and the male of the group of 4 ganged up on the juvie mocha and beat up it pretty good... No physical damage but lots of stress.

I put the juvie back into the basket where it took a few minutes to recover. After it did, it hid in it's usual nem... nothing out of the ordinary...

But when I returned to the tank a few hours later, I couldn't find the juvie at all... I turned the basket inside out and still no luck. Figured it jumped the basket again and so tried looking for it again later in the day to no avail. Well... just now, I found the mocha... the nem it was hiding in spat our what was left of it. UGH.

That's one expensive nem snack. One of my favorites clowns too with a highly mottled pattern...

AquaJapan 85
===

Hard week... waking up every morning to a rolling RTN wave... this morning's casualty list included a Pink Floyd colony, TSA Bill Murray (again),... yesterday was my last WD colony...

ICP looks perfect... nitrates have been 0 but now 5ppm, other params like alk all stable... and while phos is higher 0.15 it's not usually a driver for RTN (I think).

Can't figure it out... only thing I can think of is that I treated my tank for bugs preemptively, and left the meds in the system for a few days longer before running carbon and WC. I've read people runing up to 6.5X dosage for days with no problems... so in turn, I was lax about removing the meds from my system...and even dosed to 2X.

Back