Our mission

NanoCrazed's Lazy Tank(s) Journal

Might be too crowded in the QT.
Probably is... just need to last through the week and they go back out to the garage...

100F + weather in a garage is definitely not the place to be.

On a more positive note, crisis averted. I put the gem into a box and an airstone underneath to make it easier to breathe... came back around 30 mins later...slowly. Now fully upright and seemingly better.

My black marked lighting and GSM finally spawned another clutch again after a long break.

BUT just lost the clutch over night. Forgot to turn the pump back on after turning it off...so i think temp dropped too long despite the heat wave...

How are your fish doing?
Everyone in QT are coming along. Visible signs of ich are gone and no losses...albeit close call with the gem. I wish i started the TTM QT earlier.

I just won't do FW dips in between transfers. I did do the peroxide bath in palce of the FW dip...but plan on only doing it once every 2 transfers.

One more week to go... and then they go into a diff tank while i attempt to go fallow in my DT. Jusy need to catch those springers...and the mandarin

Unexpectedly, fish are being really challenging with TTM.

On a few transfers they're totally fine. And then on some like today, they get stressed out and start fighting .

Just lost a perfectly healthy zombie clown... fine going in and then an hour later, hippo was snapping chunks out of its fine. The hippo has turned into a real a-hole during TTM. Same bully that almost took out my gem a few days ago after a TTM swap

Unexpectedly, fish are being really challenging with TTM.

On a few transfers they're totally fine. And then on some like today, they get stressed out and start fighting .

Just lost a perfectly healthy zombie clown... fine going in and then an hour later, hippo was snapping chunks out of its fine. The hippo has turned into a real a-hole during TTM. Same bully that almost took out my gem a few days ago after a TTM swap
Can u isolate the hippo and do seperate tank/bucket just for him? More work which sucks but may be worth it to lessen your losses.

Can u isolate the hippo and do seperate tank/bucket just for him? More work which sucks but may be worth it to lessen your losses.
I would but outta space... i have a second TTM setup for the batch i caught yesterday. Totally sporadic on what is causing the hippo to get aggro.

Worst case, i might just box it.

...just need to last until Fri. One more transfer to go

Ok. Everyone except the zombie clown made it out of TTM...and now rehomed into a separate tank while waiting out fallow period on the DT.

I have a separate TTM going for the last batch of fish from DT... Sadly, my large mandarin didn't do well between transfers last night...lost it this morning. It swam frantically into the glass and kept bobbing up past the water surface when it hit the new tank. So likely the stress did it in as this time. I avoided the FW dip and hypo since mandarins can be sensitive...everything else was the same between tanks. :(

Officially cursed.

Went to feed one of my clown tanks... and found unexplicably that I lost my female picasso from @Cheedo. This is also amongst my favorite pairs...both clowns have lots of blue in them. Raised them since they were a few months old. :(

20220923_225755.jpg

Last edited:
@Kensington Reefer on a more serious note... i have a notes on things that happened around the time of spawning last times... so looking to test out and recreate the magic.

Not sure if it might be related to a seasonal cycle as well. So lots of theories, nothing concrete yet. Though, the second spawn happened around this time previously so maybe timing works out.

Back