Reef nutrition

New to me Reefer 250

I got sick of the lack of enough spread on my hydras, so I added 2 primes a while back. This worked for a while, but I still did not get enough light at the front of my tank. I was going to add 2 more primes, but I felt it was just getting crazy.

So Instead I picked up some radion xr15 pros. I not have 2 gen threes on the sides and one gen 4 in the middle. I liked the adjustability of the radion mounts much better than the custom hydra mounts I had. View attachment 13823

I absolutely hated programming these stupid things. It took me like 8 total hours, and 2 computers to get it figure out. I can’t understand how the best lights out there could possibly have some of the worst programmability.

Either way, I’m much happier with the look, and the amount of light fill I have in the tank. Colors seem to be popping a bit more already. Could just be that they are actually being lit, or that the lights are pulling out more color.

they actually have a pretty good interface and programming them all at once is pretty easy, but it’ll cost you a reeflink. Sounds like you went the USB route. To this day, I haven’t ever plugged a radion into a USB port that I can remember except once to factory reset a used one I purchased because the buttons were set to disabled.

they actually have a pretty good interface and programming them all at once is pretty easy, but it’ll cost you a reeflink. Sounds like you went the USB route. To this day, I haven’t ever plugged a radion into a USB port that I can remember except once to factory reset a used one I purchased because the buttons were set to disabled.

I even tried to use my WXM and was unsuccessful.

I just didn’t want to spend the extra coin on the reef link.

I even tried to use my WXM and was unsuccessful.

I just didn’t want to spend the extra coin on the reef link.

Probably not going to be worth buying anyway since it’s likely Ecotech will be going to their Mobius platform based on Bluetooth LE using your phone as the central hub to control all devices. Unfortunately, doing this you lose the ability to control devices if you’re not in Bluetooth’s operating range, but you will no longer need an additional device to control all your devices.

Speaking of which, I just got Ecotech’s new peristaltic pump/doser (named Versa) that is the first official device using the Mobius platform yesterday and sweet dang, I think I am already a fan. I had it mounted and running from the box in under 7 minutes. Mobius software was easy to use and programming the doser took maybe 30 seconds after loading the app up for the first time. It can be used as a continuous dosing pump and I’m testing it out with my calcium reactor now. I dig that it came with push connect adapters installed by default on the dosing lines (comes with barb adapters if needed).

AE126CC3-EC5E-4204-944D-3433AD84BE98.jpeg
AC61C316-81F2-4C7C-86E6-4B157B289FF9.jpeg

Probably not going to be worth buying anyway since it’s likely Ecotech will be going to their Mobius platform based on Bluetooth LE using your phone as the central hub to control all devices. Unfortunately, doing this you lose the ability to control devices if you’re not in Bluetooth’s operating range, but you will no longer need an additional device to control all your devices.

Speaking of which, I just got Ecotech’s new peristaltic pump/doser (named Versa) that is the first official device using the Mobius platform yesterday and sweet dang, I think I am already a fan. I had it mounted and running from the box in under 7 minutes. Mobius software was easy to use and programming the doser took maybe 30 seconds after loading the app up for the first time. It can be used as a continuous dosing pump and I’m testing it out with my calcium reactor now. I dig that it came with push connect adapters installed by default on the dosing lines (comes with barb adapters if needed).

View attachment 13824View attachment 13825
This doser look good. I will get one and tey it out..
So products that supports mobius will only do ble? Is what you said correct that you cannot control it remotely?
If that is true its hit disappointing. But I see the merit in how they thought about it. Lights and pumps are usually set and forget, it's not an item you want to tinker with often especially if you are not in front of the tank..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I got sick of the lack of enough spread on my hydras, so I added 2 primes a while back. This worked for a while, but I still did not get enough light at the front of my tank. I was going to add 2 more primes, but I felt it was just getting crazy.

So Instead I picked up some radion xr15 pros. I not have 2 gen threes on the sides and one gen 4 in the middle. I liked the adjustability of the radion mounts much better than the custom hydra mounts I had. View attachment 13823

I absolutely hated programming these stupid things. It took me like 8 total hours, and 2 computers to get it figure out. I can’t understand how the best lights out there could possibly have some of the worst programmability.

Either way, I’m much happier with the look, and the amount of light fill I have in the tank. Colors seem to be popping a bit more already. Could just be that they are actually being lit, or that the lights are pulling out more color.
Suprised toi did not like the hydra. Hydra 52 hd are awesome. I have the best growth so far.
Never used radion but used to use kessil often and I just did not like the kessil growth. Even the shimmer I actually hated ha ha

This doser look good. I will get one and tey it out..
So products that supports mobius will only do ble? Is what you said correct that you cannot control it remotely?
If that is true its hit disappointing. But I see the merit in how they thought about it. Lights and pumps are usually set and forget, it's not an item you want to tinker with often especially if you are not in front of the tank..

Not at the moment as far as I know. I don’t see that there is anything technical that would stop them from releasing a Reeflink update that uses Bluetooth LE vs their current RF wireless signal to detect and communicate with devices. It would just deviate from the phone/tablet being the central control hub model.

Suprised toi did not like the hydra. Hydra 52 hd are awesome. I have the best growth so far.
Never used radion but used to use kessil often and I just did not like the kessil growth. Even the shimmer I actually hated ha ha

I liked the hydra. I just needed too many of them. 4 hydras would have gotten me the same coverage as 3 xr15’s. I don’t like that many lights hanging over the tank.

I recently got two new hydra 64 hd and the spread surely disappointed me. 2 is not even enough to cover 48x24 area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I recently got two new hydra 64 hd and the spread surely disappointed me. 2 is not even enough to cover 48x24 area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeh I did not like the hydra 64. But the newer hydra 52 hd is sure impressive. Whem I looked at radion I needed the same ammount of radions as vectra to get the PAR where I wanted it..very glad i went with the 52HD to be honest.

64 came out last year.
Oh them I was referring to their older 52...that was 4 years ago it more..
Now I have the 52 hd that they came up with couple years ago..

I checked the PAR today and decided that I need to bump up the power to 100% to match the par from the hydras and primes.

So I’m tuning the Xr15’s at 100% AB+ for 6 hours and then another 5 without whites and 70% power. This way I get some good growth in the AM and then the tank looks good in the evenings.

Back