Jestersix

New to me Reefer 250

I second mike here,
A quick big drop in po4 can sock coral and paired with spik in salinity and alk can magnify the effect.
Although I would be suprised if the al99 stripped the po4 so fast. If it was rowaphos, double the recomended quantity would zero po4 in matter of days. But al99 is much slower in action.
But you should test po4 for sure, if it's too low, reduce the flow on the al99, depend on how low po4, reduce the flow accordingly.

I second mike here,
A quick big drop in po4 can sock coral and paired with spik in salinity and alk can magnify the effect.
Although I would be suprised if the al99 stripped the po4 so fast. If it was rowaphos, double the recomended quantity would zero po4 in matter of days. But al99 is much slower in action.
But you should test po4 for sure, if it's too low, reduce the flow on the al99, depend on how low po4, reduce the flow accordingly.

Alk has remained relatively stable actually

Not yet. Still stuck at work

I try for 1.026 but it usually creeps to 1.028 before I start correcting
This puzzle me a bit then, 1 to 2 ppt should not be enough to shock coral and push it to STN so fast..would it? Especially if the rest of the paramaters are stable..

Well not a po4 issue. Phosphate is still at .1.

Nitrate is at 5ppm.

My wife did say that the orange passion looked a little blah yesterday and didn’t tell me. So I’m not sure what happened. Maybe the light change? That was almost a month ago though...I dunno

Calcium is 425
Magnesium 1455

So I dunno.

I fragged a bunch of coral around it this weekend. Maybe a small stray piece landed on it and killed the colony.

I’m just spitballing here.

Calcium is 425
Magnesium 1455

So I dunno.

I fragged a bunch of coral around it this weekend. Maybe a small stray piece landed on it and killed the colony.

I’m just spitballing here.
Yeh that can happen. I heard in the past when coral stressed it can release chemical that hurt other coral if it lands on it. I think it's the slimy matter that coral release when being fragged or stressed.
When I frag I wash out the pieces in a seprate container before I add it back cause I have seen when the slimy matter falls on other coral it hurt it some timea..

Well. More than doubling my amount of al99 has not even nudged my po4 down. Still registering .13.

I going to resort to my backup plan of phosphate e. Hopefully bringing it down this way will allow the al99 to hold po4 at a more steady rate.

I already dosed 1ml of phosphate e yesterday. Will test and add more today or tomorrow.

No other corals have died. I just think it was my fragging session the day before that killed the OP.

Here’s some dirty tank shots

201644a1c8527dbbdd20f5fe8905f49b.jpg

09400e0d9a481e44b3def0809d326045.jpg

Oregon Tort
50f4e58aeadafcd426bcd64af0dd0f48.jpg

Back