High Tide Aquatics

New to me Reefer 250

Had a few corals start to bleach out after the light change. I think using Par meter #1 gave me some off readings. But nothing is getting worse.

Also hooked up this thing. It’s the KH Guardian and I can’t thank @ofzakaria enough for all the tech support.

This thing has been awesome. It reports the dkh directly to one of the ph ports on my apex and is dead on.

Reagents are cheap and the waste can go right back into the tank. How freaking cool is that!?
b8efd262db02d7735a771ce6f795d692.jpg
0861f21e6cbb7dc7c4c4ac45ef52895d.jpg

Well...I’m pissed.

Apparently my Tunze ATO can’t pump all the water out of my new taller ATO container. There was about 5 inches of water in the container but it wouldn’t pump and didn’t top off all night last night.

I came down this am to my return sucking air, and my SC orange passion had RTN’d. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]Really sucks because it had just started to take off and grow.

This is the first coral I’ve killed from other than dipping in a long time. Very humbling experience [emoji22]

Everything else looks fine, but we shall see when I get home from work...could be the start of a crash. [emoji2369]

Well...I’m pissed.

Apparently my Tunze ATO can’t pump all the water out of my new taller ATO container. There was about 5 inches of water in the container but it wouldn’t pump and didn’t top off all night last night.

I came down this am to my return sucking air, and my SC orange passion had RTN’d. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]Really sucks because it had just started to take off and grow.

This is the first coral I’ve killed from other than dipping in a long time. Very humbling experience [emoji22]

Everything else looks fine, but we shall see when I get home from work...could be the start of a crash. [emoji2369]

Bummer. That only happens to me if there are air bubbles in the pump. As long as it’s sitting upright, should be about to pump as long as the bottom of the pump is covered (probably around an inch) and head pressure isn’t too much. If head pressure is too much, you could always turn the potentiometer (the dial inside the control box) up a little.

Bummer. That only happens to me if there are air bubbles in the pump. As long as it’s sitting upright, should be about to pump as long as the bottom of the pump is covered (probably around an inch) and head pressure isn’t too much. If head pressure is too much, you could always turn the potentiometer (the dial inside the control box) up a little.

Yeah lots of bubbles in the tank.

Yeah. Jumped up over 1.029

I’m thinking that it stopped tipping off sometime during the day yesterday. I was working on our bathroom remodel and didn’t do my normal check of the tank before bed. [emoji22]

I’m surprised it got that high since the reefer 250 return compartment isn’t that big. At any rate, I have an optical sensor in the return area to alert me in apex is the water level drops at all so I know I’d the ATO is having issues. If you have a FMM already with a free port, it’s an inexpensive addition.

My salinity was already running a bit higher than normal so it wasn’t a huge increase.

I dumped a ton of water in the tank to get the pump running so the swing from that was probably much harder on the corals, but it was already bleached.

Now that I’m waking up I have been rehashing the last few days.

Could also be that I swapped out my al99 the other day and added much more than the time before...like double. My phosphate has ran up to .13

I’ll check my phosphate levels later today.

My Cali tort fell on this coral for about 5 seconds the other day when I was moving things ...could be that.

Could be an overdose of iodine. I have been adding one drop of Lugals every day since my last ICP test because I had near zero and my zoas looked horrible.

Zoas look great now that I’ve been dosing this.

Also removed my gyres for a soak all night last night so I didn’t have much flow in the tank. Only 2 MP10’s running 90% reef crest. Maybe a sudden lack of flow?

So many little things.

Do you recommend the kh guardian over let's say ghl kh director, alkatronic or the trident?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have zero experience with the others and only a week with the KHG. So I cannot comment. I will say that the KHG is freaking awesome so far.

Did you stop doing water changes? I believe dosing a lot of 2 part can raise your SG over time.

I have started back up. My no water change regime did not work out at all. Things started looking bad and minor elements got all outta whack. I’ve been back to every 2 weeks for about a month and a half.

My salinity is always running high because of all the 2 part I dose. I constantly have to adjust it.

Back