Cali Kid Corals

Palmers blue Millie (Bondolo)

Here's my pieces looking good.
20201122_151813.jpg

Looks like the frag took a turn last night into this evening with some RTN. Only changes lately are the new T5 lighting I added Friday. Possible it was sensitive to the increased PAR. No signs of stress in the 15 other sps frags. There is still a bit of tissue at the tips but it looks very thin. The tort I put in the tank at the same time from your system. is growing very well. Fingers crossed it pulls through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can have another try if you’d like. No worries. Thanks for updating.

Thanks, I’ll definitely try again. I am going to wait a couple of weeks and make sure none of the other frags show signs of stress before that though.

Happy Holidays!

My personal experience with the coral had much more to do with lighting. I had a bleaching episode just for that frag when I raised its par at the same time as other additions from the same system that showed no stress (gold tort). I let it stay in lower par for about three weeks and it recovered looking great. Then i increased the par thru a lighting upgrade and the frag RTN within 12 hours. I keep phosphates between .03 and .1 ppm and test for them every three days. It thrived for a while after recovering and then took a turn for the worse after I added t5 and exposed it to much higher par.

This is just my experience but when I try this frag again I am going to move extremely slow with the lighting adjustment. I am currently waiting for a couple weeks to see if any other frags show stress from the lighting upgrade before trying again.

I hope this was helpful because looking at other comments it seems this one is particularly sensitive.

I started mine in 150par and moved it to 250. So maybe lighting isn’t as big of an issue compared to your experience. I will investigate to see what else might have caused it given your experience, thanks!

Back