Our mission

Parys salt adventure

You usually want plate corals on the substrate since they like to inflate and scoot around a bit. The long tentacle varieties were on the more expert level in the past, so I'm not sure if they're improved recently or not.
If I put any coral of mine on the ground they just get walked all over by my hermit crabs
(I need to get rid of those they just knock things over)

It's going to be big enough to not get bothered by the crabs, urchins, or anything really as long as it's getting enough lighting and a few light feedings.

Recently added some nems in my tank. They seem to be doing a little sad, any idea why?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Recently added some nems in my tank. They seem to be doing a little sad, any idea why?
Can you give us full water parameters? Without this we would just be guessing. Nems also like quite a bit of light. What type of light do you have? If you became a supporting members you could borrow a PAR meter once you qualify and this can greatly help in terms of knowing proper coral placement or for the case of anemones, proper lighting available in places they want to go. A nem up on the glass is not usually a good sign and usually indicates they want more light ime. Do you have power heads for flow?

Can you give us full water parameters? Without this we would just be guessing. Nems also like quite a bit of light. What type of light do you have? If you became a supporting members you could borrow a PAR meter once you qualify and this can greatly help in terms of knowing proper coral placement or for the case of anemones, proper lighting available in places they want to go. A nem up on the glass is not usually a good sign and usually indicates they want more light ime. Do you have power heads for flow?
I will definitely become a member soon. The lights is just a Fluval light that u can control maybe I’ll turn it up.
And no I don’t have a power head for flow

I will definitely become a member soon. The lights is just a Fluval light that u can control maybe I’ll turn it up.
And no I don’t have a power head for flow
It’s a Fluval 550 mm

Without water parameters, the first thing is your tank is likely not mature enough to support anemones. 2nd is flow is the key to a reef tank. Think of the environment we are trying to mimic. It is not still water. There are very rough currents and random flows happening 24/7.

Your return pump and nozzles alone are not strong enough to provide the flow your tank need.

Edit: just saw the light model and it's not strong enough for anemones. You'll need to buy a better reef light asap or rehome your anemones if you want them to thrive.

What type of anemones did you buy?
I have a bubble tip and a bunch of other ones there all green
Without water parameters, the first thing is your tank is likely not mature enough to support anemones. 2nd is flow is the key to a reef tank. Think of the environment we are trying to mimic. It is not still water. There are very rough currents and random flows happening 24/7.

Your return pump and nozzles alone are not strong enough to provide the flow your tank need.

Edit: just saw the light model and it's not strong enough for anemones. You'll need to buy a better reef light asap or rehome your anemones if you want them to thrive.
I will definitely do this. Thank you

I have a bubble tip and a bunch of other ones there all green

I will definitely do this. Thank you
Here’s your first mistake. It’s important to know what animals you are getting and try to learn what they need to be happy ahead of time.
Second issue is most people don’t keep different types of anemones together to avoid chemical warfare issues

Back