got ethical husbandry?

R2R targeted discrimination

While I agree with all sentiments here; in the end, it’s their business. If they choose to do business this way, then it will eventually come back to bite them. Spreading the word, and not using the site is a good way of doing your part.

I will admit, I will still use the site to sell corals online here and there, but that’s all I ever used R2R for. It’s way too commercialized, and lacks the local feel of BAR for me.
and the sentiment here is all about spreading the word thats it. because what the owner is doing is hiding and rewriting history. there is a clear cleansing that is happening on the forum right now. ppl have their content and/or signature edited by the owner to hid any LGBQT signs...imagine some ppl had certain words in their posts or signatures, now they are getting edited and or under supervision.
So spreading the word is all what users can do.

Last edited:
and the sentiment here is all about spreading the word thats it. because what the owner is doing is hiding and rewriting history. there is a clear cleansing that is happening on the forum right now. ppl have their names and signature edited by the owner to hid any LGBQT signs...imagine some ppl had certain words in their useer name otr signature for years, not they are getting edited and or banned by the owner.
Crazy, and sad

and the sentiment here is all about spreading the word thats it. because what the owner is doing is hiding and rewriting history. there is a clear cleansing that is happening on the forum right now. ppl have their names and signature edited by the owner to hid any LGBQT signs...imagine some ppl had certain words in their useer name otr signature for years, not they are getting edited and or banned by the owner.
Interesting.
Modifying user content could be a sticky legal issue.

Today I learned that WWC is part of Reef2Reef org. So at least that explains why they are ignoring this...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210105-130050_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210105-130050_Samsung Internet.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 221
exactly my point. Being complicit is just as bad as being discriminatory..in my eyes at least...
I agree with the general sentiment here and as I said early on I signed the petition. But I think a balanced and even approach is best, with as little demonizing and hyperbole as possible. There is already too much of that in the world lately, and it mostly just makes things worse as people dig in on both sides of everything with zero middle ground. This is just my personal opinion, I am not speaking for the Board or BAR.

Statements like this one from Omar are just are not true in the eyes of the law nor in most people’s beliefs. It is not just as bad to be silent as it is to be actively discriminatory. If it were true then everyone in world is as bad as the worst thing you have ever witnessed and not intervened on. You may consider both to be bad, but they are not equal. That is just rhetoric.

I agree with the general sentiment here and as I said early on I signed the petition. But I think a balanced and even approach is best, with as little demonizing and hyperbole as possible. There is already too much of that in the world lately, and it mostly just makes things worse as people dig in on both sides of everything with zero middle ground. This is just my personal opinion, I am not speaking for the Board or BAR.

Statements like this one from Omar are just are not true in the eyes of the law nor in most people’s beliefs. It is not just as bad to be silent as it is to be actively discriminatory. If it were true then everyone in world is as bad as the worst thing you have ever witnessed and not intervened on. You may consider both to be bad, but they are not equal. That is just rhetoric.
Hence I said in my eyes. To me, silence on unjust is cowardly. And trying to minimize discrimination is discrimination by itself...to ittirate this is my personal view..
Thanks for sharing your prospective John.

Last edited:
Reactions: JVU

True, but I think the underlying issue is, these days, just not doing it yourself isn't enough. This has come up in BLM discussions and such as well. Being an ally and/or not being discriminatory yourself, is not enough. I'm by no means placing blame here, as I know I don't do enough myself. But I think the point is more people need to speak out against this stuff when/where they see it. And raising awareness of where it's happening helps.

Has anyone tried submitting a “delete my data” request. Per gdpr and I think the California version they have to.

And it’s often a huge pain in the ass on the software/data side... so there’s that benefit too.

Has anyone tried submitting a “delete my data” request. Per gdpr and I think the California version they have to.

And it’s often a huge pain in the ass on the software/data side... so there’s that benefit too.
Interesting never heard of this.
Thanks for sharing

Back