Reef nutrition

Randy's Red Sea Reefer 250

Yes, I actually do have something else tanked besides acros.

CC Supernovas
CC_Supernova_for_sale_20200726_9007.jpg

Not directly, but I broadcast feed a bit. I make a mix in a squeeze bottle that will last around 3-4 days (in the fridge) that gets fed to the tanks twice a day (around 8am & 5pm). It's made up of:
- LRS Reef Frenzy
- BRS freeze dried Mysis
- BRS freeze dried Calanus
- Reef Nutrition ROE
- Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast
- BRS Reef Chili
- Nori

I also load my auto feeders with New Life Spectrum pellets and Reef Chili and that gets fed twice a day as well. (11am & 3pm)
How do you get the freeze dried calanus to not float? I have let it soak for hours and the majority seems to still float on the top. I miss the old cyclopeeze... None of the "replacements" seem to match that stuff.

I inherited a red one from a tank break down and I'm impressed, but not so impressed that I need a bunch but enough so that if I saw one at a frag swap in the far distance future I wouldn't stick my nose at it. My last outing with gonipora was over 20 years ago, when literally everyone you got slowly died, not sure if they were NPS or whatever but yeah they were "cut flowers" to people who bought them.

Don't know what's causing the current hype on Gonis, but sure, I'll play. ;)

Unique Corals Amazeball Goni
goni_collection_20200727_9016.jpg

Three no name gonis, I gave silly little names to. ;)

Pinky the Ghost Goni - Digging the long tentacles on this one
goni_collection_20200727_9010.jpg

Super Dragonfruit Goni
goni_collection_20200727_9012.jpg

Guava Monster Goni
goni_collection_20200727_9008.jpg

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Those are awesome! I had my eyes on the Amazeballs but got shy in the end. I look forward to buying some frags from you, though.

Been on a torch buying binge lately. I am and will always likely be a lover a torches (and frog/octospawn, hammers), but a few years ago, from what I believe to be a bacterial issue, pretty much wiped out my collection and I've been on a hiatus since then. Well, two plus years later, and this Indo Hellfire torch I got from @Mr2KiEu started my binge buying again. Perfect timing too, just when they're super expensive! :confused:

The torch is bright enough that I had (am having) a little trouble getting the colors just right with my camera. It's pretty close though.

Under Radion G4 Pros with 18,500K setting
torch_garden_20210122_9340.jpg

Under Radion G4 Pros with all blues
torch_garden_20210122_9348.jpg

Last edited:
Been on a torch buying binge lately. I am and will always likely be a lover a torches (and frog/octospawn, hammers), but a few years ago, from what I believe to be a bacterial issue, pretty much wiped out my collection and I've been on a hiatus since then. Well, two plus years later, and this Indo Hellfire torch I got from @Mr2KiEu started my binge buying again. Perfect timing too, just when they're super expensive! :confused:

The torch is bright enough that I had (am having) a little trouble getting the colors just right with my camera. It's pretty close though.

Under Radion G4 Pros with 18,500K setting
torch_garden_20210122_9340.jpg

Under Radion G4 Pros with all blues
torch_garden_20210122_9348.jpg
Right there with you... I just copy you -- you're such a trend setter... lol

Frag tank has been giving me some trouble for a while, but I’ve been able to squeeze out a win or two. Most of my tenuis are oddly doing well, but a number of other acros are struggling or in the graveyard. I haven’t been able to pinpoint the issue (not water parameters, not pests), but things seem stable for now.

Here’s one that’s doing well.

Back