Reef nutrition

RO/DI Systems

I would like to purchase a budget minded RODI system from a local LFS. Any recommendations out there or is there no way they can compete with a air ice and water or BRS prices?

Thanks,

Eric

I've had 3 Ro/di systems. One cheapie and 2 brs systems. The big thing in the end is the filter cartridges. Also for the di you want a refillable container that fits in a standard 10" housing.

Cheap filter cartridges don't last in my experience. So the massive box on eBay for 20 isn't the best deal. Heh..

You really can't beat a Brs system for the price. Ultimately the inline tds meter is useful as it helps you keep am eye on how things are working.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nav
most of the media are interchangable between brands. I have uses BRS media in a aquasafe canada ro/di unit. Long as the output is 0 TDS is what you are looking for.

Most of the components in all the systems are pretty much the same thing anyway. :) probably even made by the same company...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not even really rebranding. It's a case that holds all the filters that has their name on it, sometimes they give you clear canisters (which they don't make), sometimes you get extra do-dads like flow meters or pressure gauges, and the carbon and sediment filters can be any number of brands, but they don't really make anything other than taking a bunch of off the shelf parts and put them together with their sticker on the top of the unit... ok that sounds like rebranding, but I swear it's not!

Ok what the bloody deuce, I just noticed how many posts I have... I have spent way too long on this board

Back