Neptune Aquatics

Rose’s 50 & 90g Tanks

Aiptasia killing a fish? Not sure I’ve heard of that before…
Seeing is believing. The Mandiran that was killed was very tiny. It got too close to a field of Aiptasia and got stung. I had to move the fish out of the Aiptasia. It was breathing hard and died several minutes later.

The Mandirans in todays shipment are larger but I’m going to house them in my garage system until they’re larger and I have a better control on the Aiptasia in the main system.

Seeing is believing. The Mandiran that was killed was very tiny. It got too close to a field of Aiptasia and got stung. I had to move the fish out of the Aiptasia. It was breathing hard and died several minutes later.

The Mandirans in todays shipment are larger but I’m going to house them in my garage system until they’re larger and I have a better control on the Aiptasia in the main system.
How big are the mandarins, how's the coloration, and have you confirmed they're eating pellets and/or frozen? I was considering getting some from biota, but some of the pics seemed to have confusing colors. Interested in your experience with them.

If you have issues with the filefish eating, try some Masstick. That's what I had to do with the radial filefish I got from biota. It was too small to eat anything else, but it went straight at the Masstick.

How big are the mandarins, how's the coloration, and have you confirmed they're eating pellets and/or frozen? I was considering getting some from biota, but some of the pics seemed to have confusing colors. Interested in your experience with them.

You can see the colors in the pictures I posted. As far as size. The ones from today are I think 1/2 inch or longer. The ones that died last week they were maybe 1/4 inch, definitely less than 1/2 inch. It seems like they are eating. I put in some of the finer particles from my homemade fish food and it seemed like they were eating that. I also put in some live baby brine shrimp that I hatch Daily. Tomorrow I will take a closer and longer look. Also I will try some of the small pellets that come free with the brine shrimp eggs.

If you have issues with the filefish eating, try some Masstick. That's what I had to do with the radial filefish I got from biota. It was too small to eat anything else, but it went straight at the Masstick.
While I was feeding the filefish today I noticed they are eating my homemade frozen food.

Back