Neptune Aquatics

Ryan’s 40G first reef

I just tested all params and I'm a little confused. I haven't tested mag in a month at least. However, I've done some 50%+ WCs recently and my mag used to be 1450.
How can it drop all the way to 1200 when my alk and calc are still need their elevated reef crystals levels of 10 and 440? Same redsea pro test kit that isn't expired that I always use.
SG: 1.026
Alk: 10.0
Calc: 440
Mag: 1180
N: 0
P: 0.06

Started with a single head on this torch from @Srt4eric and now it has 5 distinct heads. I was told torches are harder than other euphyllia so this makes me happy that I can grow it!
FFAD98DC-89C0-4DA6-9BD8-19F28CEF6EFD.jpeg

My daytime pH high is 8.3ish. I have a window exhaust fan going 24/7 which is contributing quite a bit. Ph drops into the mid 7s when windows are closed for more than 24h. I dont want to run kalk or a co2 scrubber so I've ordered 50ft of airline for my skimmer and I will turn it up.

I started dosing 5ML of Reef Nutrition phyto daily to boost my pod population and supplement coral feeding. I also feed a second meal per day of RN TDO small pellets. Only my clownfish eat them and no other fish goes to the surface.

I started dosing 5ML of Reef Nutrition phyto daily to boost my pod population and supplement coral feeding. I also feed a second meal per day of RN TDO small pellets. Only my clownfish eat them and no other fish goes to the surface.

If you want others to eat them, take a pinch of TDO and break the surface with your finger. Many will sink after that.

I'd dose the phyto at night FWIW

After adding at least 5lbs of small to medium rocks and expanding my rockwork, my Royal gramma is out a lot more. I’m not sure if it’s because he feels safer or his territory changed. Probably both?

New pink streaked wrasse was acclimated via the reef beef method and placed in my tank. He’s freaked out and hiding under a frag rack. I hope all the extra caves and hides I built allows him to live.

I checked for stray voltage with Eric’s help and it’s reading just fine. I’m going to chalk up the second lost pink streaked wrasse to poor arrival health.
4B346788-51BB-4981-BEF8-F4F21002D990.jpeg

Back