Neptune Aquatics

Rygh's 250 gallon - Rev 3

Cool! Hey is there any part identification on the airline valves? I would like to build something using automated valves and want to know what seems to work for others.
Here:
IMG_0064.jpg

ReefBot update:

It has been a week now. It is almost fully installed. Needs a bigger waste barrel.

So far, it does work. :cool:

It is definitely a work in progress though.
Hardware seems solid. Software, website, support, all need work.

I do not regret buying it.
On the other hand, I am not ready to recommend others do yet.

Another few weeks and I will write up something fancier.

it's doing 4 tests because of the tests he's using, you may be restricted to less. Currently any magnesium test is going to take up 3 spots, and if you want nitrate that's another 3 spots, so if those two are necessary then you're really limited to 3 tests max because alkalinity is currently the only test that only uses up 1 spot. So really need to ask yourself which tests do you want automatically done for you without having to worry and see if that's possible.

Personally if the Triton could allow you to change the period of testing, I'd get that in a heart beat (if I had an Apex that could handle it) however 4/2/2 minimum does make me hesitant. Reefbot, if they had space for more I'd lean towards that, like reefbot extra long :D But both of them are still new and first gen, so ultimately I'd let others be guinea pigs with them, another the Triton probably was beta tested far more extensively.

Other than cost, Triton + ReefBot would be ideal.

Use Triton for Alk + Ca
Do those tests often, since they drift relatively quickly.
Once stable, can be tied in to dosers.
Use ReefBot for Magnesium, Nitrate, Phosphate, and possibly Potassium soon.
Tested less often. Just make sure things are on track.

So my ReefBot might have just paid for itself.

Looking at the Alk, it started to quickly drop the last few days.
Fusion reported dosers working fine.
But looking closer, I had bumped the power plug out of the DOS doser.
So while the Apex happily thought it was dosing Alk+Ca, it was not.

With my record of sporadic testing, it could easily have been a week or two before noticing, likely after damage occurred.

Of course ... I had bumped the power cord out while improving the setup for the ReefBot... Hmm...

Good save. How was it unplugged but Apex didn't know? Do you mean the cord also unplugs at the DOS unit?
Yes, the DC power plug is a small 5 mm connector right at the DOS head unit.
Comes out rather easily in fact.
That came unplugged, but communication cable was still in.
I guess there are no electronics to check, and the control board gets enough power from the comm cable.

Had a bit of a failure yesterday on my ATO.
One of the DOS peristaltic pumps failed. Not the head, but the motor.
Out of warranty, but I will see what Neptune systems will do.

The thing is - Using those type of pumps for auto top off is probably pushing it for large tanks.
At 3+ liters per day, it runs quite a bit.

So I am really thinking of getting some sort of industrial one.
Not a super expensive laboratory one, but a heavy duty industrial one.
Any ideas?

Or perhaps even a diaphragm pump.

I need fairly high pressure, since it has to pump from outside barrel and across ceiling.

Back