Our mission

Seems the Mastertronic is out

I was thinking of getting the Alkatronic over the other ones, and with not much experiences with the latest testing controllers. But after reading this post and it seems that this line is like a never ending rabbit hole with expensive add on’s. Anyone have thoughts on this?
Especially @ofzakaria, since you seem to be pretty knowledgeable on this product line/company. TIA

Seems better to wait for the GHL ion director which will read similar Params. Or maybe Dr. Bridge the khg creator will bring something to market. As more players enter the automatic testing market I think prices will decrease, this one seems incorrectly priced imo

Any way you slice it, it's good there are other players on the market.

I mean is it disappointing that the Trident can't be used stand alone? Absolutely, it'd be great to use that with a Profilux if possible. But it's also probably why the system is relatively cheap compared to other options out there, not putting much brains in the the thing means less overall cost.

Any way you slice it, it's good there are other players on the market.

I mean is it disappointing that the Trident can't be used stand alone? Absolutely, it'd be great to use that with a Profilux if possible. But it's also probably why the system is relatively cheap compared to other options out there, not putting much brains in the the thing means less overall cost.
You really care that much about ca and mg?

Seems better to wait for the GHL ion director which will read similar Params. Or maybe Dr. Bridge the khg creator will bring something to market. As more players enter the automatic testing market I think prices will decrease, this one seems incorrectly priced imo
No phosphate on the ion director tho I think.

No queation the ion director will be better option for me. The prices of alktronics and their other products is silly..
Funny story, Dr. Bridge have an amazing po4 guardian, but they did not release it for some reason. I seen it in action and its really cool..
My fear is their delay might cost them the market with ion director coming soon and the possibility that they might add po4 to the ion director probs.

You really care that much about ca and mg?
That much? Not really. But I do occasionally check for it, if you're using 2 part you kind of have to stay on top of it, not so much for CaRx or Kalk dosing.
But even if you strip those two things out, I don't think there are any auto-checkers out there for alkalinity that are as cheap as the Trident. And by cheap I mean the cost of the base unit, I'm not taking into recurring costs like buying replacement reagent, I'm not sure how those costs differ by system.

Someone from Mastertronic put out a message saying MT test alk once a day. With this addition, is MT worth the current price tag?

Attachments

• 6CD6D8A2-088A-41E8-A3DD-90A103A0AA59.png
    6CD6D8A2-088A-41E8-A3DD-90A103A0AA59.png
    178.6 KB · Views: 164
Back