Our mission

Seminolecpa's 180G upgrade

...... I am speachless........ wish I could have been there, I got stuck working all day and I'm about to clock in now... sigh.

So how many guys did it take to plumb the tank?? ;D

Bryan, how hard is it to remove the drainers for the closeloop intakes? It's one of those thing that you have to remove very often to clean. Hopefully they are easy to remove.

Jeremy did most of the plumbing with Brian's help (could only fit so many in the back at once :p

The strainers are really easy to remove with plenty of access.

...and the Mermaid got int he way of the bullet. Not my fault...plus she made good sashimi.

Nice tank.the only problem i see is the ocean motion is on the back,How accessable it is if the OM get stuck or need service.That one of the reason i no longer use it,becuase of the Om get stuck all the time.

lapsan

[quote author=iani link=topic=5363.msg75381#msg75381 date=1232303462]
That's what the escape door is for. Bryan can crawl under the stand to the back of the tank.
[/quote]
Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=5363.msg75417#msg75417 date=1232320469]
The tank, stand, and setup looks like it went without fail. Awesome work folks!!! :D
[/quote]

We will only discuss the "good" that went on, it wasn't without a hitch by any stretch. Moving the tank was actually pretty easy though.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=5363.msg75421#msg75421 date=1232322917]
[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=5363.msg75417#msg75417 date=1232320469]
The tank, stand, and setup looks like it went without fail. Awesome work folks!!! :D
[/quote]

We will only discuss the "good" that went on, it wasn't without a hitch by any stretch. Moving the tank was actually pretty easy though.
[/quote]

True that.
Still need to get the closed loop running and reconfigure the canopy tank rests to move it down about 2 inches to be below the water line and allow the hood to fully open. Also still have a very very very slow mystery leak in from one of the 4 overflow drains. I had to go down to 2 t-5's as the second set were being shaded by the return plumbing. I may decided to put one in the front and one in the back to spread it out a bit and allow for a little better opening from the front doors to keep me from having to lift the canopy every time I want to do anything in the tank.

Have a few things I need to button up. Need to clean up the wiring in the canopy and put in the rest of my corals being stored at Aldies, but it is moving along nicely.

I now keep all supplemental lighting like t5 or vho in the front of the tank so they cast their light so I can see it. I find that in the back they don't do much for looks.

Back