got ethical husbandry?

Seminolecpa's 180G upgrade

Your growth rate confirms a very happy as well as a very attractive tank, Bryan! At this rate, next years photos should be a great reward for all your work and investment. Got Back-Up? :D

Yep I have just about everything backed up in DBTC. there are a few pieces not yet backed up but they are too small to frag....... coming soon to a DBTC near you.

Bryan what bulbs do you have for your T5 setup, and how many did you go with 2or 4? Did you ever do a PAR reading on your tank? I assume you are still using 20K Radiums for your MH.

I went with only 2. The 2 I was going to put in the back were optically useless as they get drowned out by the MH's. Since they don't provide any significant "useful" light as they are only actinic supplements, it didn't make sense to use the power etc.

Never done a par reading, but I can tell I have a lot of light. Sometimes (at least from my LPS standpoint). I think I have too much light.

I have 2 48" bulbs staggered so that they run the front of the tank. Bulbs are a Geisemann Actinic Plus and a UV super Actinic.

I used a high Output retrofit kit with Ice Cap reflectors. Decided there was no need to run an icecap ballast and overdrive the bulbs as they are just supplements.

This is the Retrofit kit I got I believe

http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluorescent/IceCap/SLR_Retrofit_Kits/48_inch__2x54W_SLR_T5_High-Output_Retrofit_Kit_w!_Bulbs_by_IceCap

I forgot how you have your lighting setup Bryan, do you just crank your halides most the day? Or do you run some staggered/reduced lighting schedule?

I run my halides for about 5hrs an45 mins each staggered

something like 12pm T-5s on
1:30 Right MH on
2:45 Left MH on
2:50 t-5's off
7:10 T-5's on
7:15 R MH off
8:30 L MH off
10:30 moon lights on
11:00 T-5's off
8 am moon lights off

Very nice Bryan.

Jeremy- Is this that piece I got at ATL that day we met up?
Jeremy's Austera
8-30-09shots-34.jpg

Nope, yours is more silvery, mine did come from Atlantis, and is from Vanuatu as well (yours was from Vanuatu IIRC). Nice piece huh? My colony is massive if you want a frag, the thing is about the size of a volleyball :D

Thanks Jeremy, Thats a very nice offer. Unfortunately my tank is over grown and I have no place to put it :( I'm planning on removing a few corals as I am tired of having to keep them all trimmed back.

mpoletti said:
Thanks Jeremy, Thats a very nice offer. Unfortunately my tank is over grown and I have no place to put it :( I'm planning on removing a few corals as I am tired of having to keep them all trimmed back.

Do what I did, botch an upgrade and lose a ton of corals, it really thins things out :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nova_Scotia_Duck-Tolling_Retriever

Its not a very common breed. We had to find the right breeder, and then had a long wait as most are only show dogs and we had to be interviewed etc..

It is probably the most similar to a Golden Retriever but a little more red then gold and about 2/3rds the size. Has the temprement of a Lab and the intelligence and agility of a Border Collie.

Back