High Tide Aquatics

Shout out to Kessil

FWIW We did discuss updating the "old" app for the AP700 during the preview, but apparently it was built (firmware/software) in such a way that modifying it to anything beyond where it is now would be a pretty expensive effort. Evolving to a new platform was more viable from a business perspective.

As to the AP700 being a success or not, that is based on context. I was out of the hobby for around 10 years, and when I got back in I was able to go from my 250 DE/MH bulbs to the AP700 - trust me that is a HUGE success IMO and I have been happy with my growth. Yes it's not been perfect, but I'd struggle to find many things that are :)

FWIW We did discuss updating the "old" app for the AP700 during the preview, but apparently it was built (firmware/software) in such a way that modifying it to anything beyond where it is now would be a pretty expensive effort. Evolving to a new platform was more viable from a business perspective.

As to the AP700 being a success or not, that is based on context. I was out of the hobby for around 10 years, and when I got back in I was able to go from my 250 DE/MH bulbs to the AP700 - trust me that is a HUGE success IMO and I have been happy with my growth. Yes it's not been perfect, but I'd struggle to find many things that are :)
Agreed,
Comparing it to 10 years ago lights, it is a success.

The AP700 was also a few generations removed from Kessil's original LED lights though, so they should be serviceable, I forget if their first light was the A350 or A150, but I always felt like the A150 was a light that was based on "it looks good to our eyes" but really wasn't terribly powerful, but a great thing for frag tanks at shows and what not where you're not trying to grow coral, or for very tiny tanks. The A350 was the big brother of that, which I recall saying it was equivalent to a 250W metal halide, and my only thoughts on that are "How are they comparing these, because my 250W MH bulbs blow that thing out of the water for brightness and coverage". But either way, 350-360-360N/W-360WE (and think this was around when the AP700 came out) then 360x. So much like the initial AI and even Radion lights were kind of "meh" at least compared to what's out there today, Kessil definitely has come a long way since their initial offerings.

Back