Kessil

...the warcraft nerds could identify one another?

...and that's said speaking as one of those nerds. ;D

I know of at least Bonnie and Tony. Who else?

Post your server, faction, and main. :) And whatever else you want.

Spinebreaker:
Alliance
70 Hunter; Lusosou (Greek for "I will destroy you")

Garona:
Alliance
70 mage; Pittsnoggle (after the famed collegiate basketball player from a few years ago)

I know I'm not alone, loud and proud baby, who else plays.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&n=Powderkeg
(may or may not have logged in craptastic archi gear or destro gear)

Ignore the spec (usually 0/21/40). Was on archi last night. Already killed him, but he is still a pain and every little bit helps. go go 2/2 imp CoW 5/5 SE!

Been playing since Dec of release and raiding since that June.

While I haven't played him in ages, also have:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dragonblight&n=Jeezash
He was fully geared holy, then I shifted mid Kara to Shadow since we had enough healers.

Don't know anything about the game. So how does this thing work? You create yourself a character and go fight with other people??

BTW, this post should be in the The Eutrophic Zone ;) ..

It is a MMORPG (massively Multiplayer Online Role Play Game) like Everquest (evercrack), Lineage, Final Fantasy Online etc.

You can fight against other players solo or as a team in organized or unorganized fashions. you can fight, quest, farm solo or in groups. You can take on huge dungeons with tons of people as well.

Here is a SS from long long long ago, but should serve to give you an idea of the raiding aspect. This particular image is of 40 people from around the world in a guild getting fighting (at the time) the hardest boss in game. A guild is like a club of people with common goals. The one I am in is fairly serious about raiding. We coordinate on headsets etc and have sheduled gaming where we all get online together to accomplish goals. The nice thing is that WOW evolves and content is constantly added. (BTW, UI is much nicer now lol)

UI.jpg

I was on the band wagon of World of WarCraft, but didn't really stay too long - maybe due to the fact of not willing to pay the monthly subscription. But, two of my high school friends are so hard core about. They use to have a hack for the game, if I recall correctly.

So if people don't like you, they can team up and kick your behind? Is there a run option or you have to fight until you die? ;D

Damn Tony, that sure is a busy screen, with all that crap on there how the hell do you know what's going on? It's like flying the space shuttle!

But anyways I recall reading story about how WoW (and other such games) have spawned a whole economy in places like China, where they'd have people "working" to get gold, or whatever, then sell it in the real world for real money...Geebus, next up, paying someone to play the game for you!

I loved the StarCraft game when it came out. I have all.... 3 games I think it was. That wasn't online though or at least I didn't play it online. This online games get insanely addicting so I try and stay away from them but they are fun.

It's called farming.

Totally skipped out on WoW since I was playing UO Online and then later Lineage 2. Stopped playing a few years back and haven't touched any MMORPG ever since then. I'm holding out on WoW since I still want to get out and shoot. If Blizzard does come out with something like another Diablo...all bets are off. :p

I played a MMORPG a long time ago...Im never gonna play one again heeh, Most addictive thing Ive ever done! Seriously the funnest thing Ive ever played though. I had my own guild with over 1400 members under my command!

They have recovery and counseling programs for this type of addiction now lol.

Farming-They usually pay kids in asian countries like china and korea to do this. The pay is often very little and then they sell the items for a lot on ebay.

It is pretty common to hear about kids dieing from playing these games. This is also usually in asia where they go on non stop biinges for a couple days.

I really dont like to have responsibilities in a vitrual world for they always conflict with te real world. If I was in game..Id feel guilty about something outside of the game. If I was doing things outside of the game Id be conflicted about something going on in game hehe. I just sick to staring at my fishtank and cuttlefish now hehe.

yes, the UI is nuts there. It is much cleaner now these days thanks to new addons.

Eric, Diablo MMO is one of the things people think will come out soon.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=3364.msg38068#msg38068 date=1205781672]
Eric, Diablo MMO is one of the things people think will come out soon.
[/quote]

There's talks of it going all the way back to 2006 with the Vivendi announcement.

Nothing conclusive, or is there?

Dioblo 3 is probably the most "requested" blizz product. I wouldn't doubt that it is in the works as an MMO. I have a few Blizzard contacts that I may be able to squeeze and get a hint.

Go do some squeezing and see if it's really in the works. See if you can nab a couple of beta accounts when it goes beta... :p

Back